Original War trading card game

For international community members
Enguzrad
Soldier level 4
Soldier level 4

Original War trading card game

Post by Enguzrad »

So, the project has been abandoned, because it turned out to be unsuitable for my needs. Right now I don't have time to finish my translation of russian cards and I don't know if I ever get to that again, so I put it here as it is.
Still applies that this game lacks proper testing, but I already now it's too complex and once I find some time I'm going to realize a new version of OW tcg.
The rulebook isn't translated perfectly but I hope it's understandable. If you find any parts which you don't undersand, let me know so I can try to retlanslate it or fix it.
It is quite possible that you will find something which is not explained in the rulebook (which is caused by lack of testing) so ask here and I'll fix it.

Rulebook here:
PDF
MS Word 2010

English version of american cards.
OW tcg Am (DM)

English version of neutral cards.
OW tcg Ne (DM)

Unfinished translation of russian cards.
OW tcg Ru (DM)

Well, have fun, anyone who tries to play it.
:arhello:
Last edited by Enguzrad on Fri May 09, 2014 10:00 am, edited 5 times in total.
Mari
Community Veteran
Community Veteran
Poland

Re: Original War trading card game

Post by Mari »

I skipped through that game, and it looks very solid prepared, but we need:

1.All cards, I read English version of rulebook and there is no description about all cards in game, it means that there are not all cards, not types but every card.
2.Other translations, there is a problem because, although people know English, sometimes is convenient to have the game in your mother language.
3. Lack of FAQ, at the end of rulebook I have FAQ and nothing more written, maybe you haven't finished yet but it is one suggestion.
4. I think that it is really good idea for bussiness so you have to ask publisher about realease that game and you can get money but, surely someone can ask about that fact that you cannot sell it, but it is a matter to discuss
How about electronic version of that game, it can be freeware so everyone can play but it is technically hard to make suitable website or program.
Excluding that I wish you good luck, but in my opinion you must think about continuation of the project.
Do you not know that you are a temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?If any man destroys the temple of God, God will destroy him, for the temple of God is holy, and that is what you are. 1 Kor 3,16-23
Enguzrad
Soldier level 4
Soldier level 4

Post by Enguzrad »

So, about what is needed

1. I am already working on translating my first edition of these cards which includes russians and americans. Although I have prepared designs for arabian cards I have not implemented them in my card editor yet.
2. This is not my problem. For me is important to translate it to english, which is one of the most used languages and if this game will catch on I hope that players will translate rules to their language by themselves.
3. FAQ is empty because no quetions were asked yet. Once more people starts to play it, they will find various mistakes i have made and ask about them.
4. This game is not ready for sale at all. First of all, it has not been tested, so it's full of mistakes and some cards or mechanics may not be balanced. Secondly, I don't even know if it is a good game, because I made it in czech language so almost nobody tried to play it. Thats why I'm already translating it, so someone could finally start to test it.
So the game is right now for free. Once I upload card images, anybody can print it and play it.

For future I'm counting on players to think up and create new cards using card editor which I have created. They would create their own new editions and maintain a list of already approved cards.

Well, thanks for your feedback. :rusmile:
Enguzrad
Soldier level 4
Soldier level 4

Post by Enguzrad »

American cards translated.

Rules updated.
Added restriction for building upgrades.
Players can change their starting hand. Similiar to Magic the gathering.
Little tweak for tactics.
Piercing ability description added.
Mari
Community Veteran
Community Veteran
Poland

Post by Mari »

It could be popular if you make game on pc, because I think that nobody wants to print cards and play but who knows.
Generally it is not hard to make pc version of that game but maybe Stucuk or someone can take the task.
Do you not know that you are a temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?If any man destroys the temple of God, God will destroy him, for the temple of God is holy, and that is what you are. 1 Kor 3,16-23
Enguzrad
Soldier level 4
Soldier level 4

Post by Enguzrad »

Making it pc game would absolutely ruin the reason why I made this game. We already have pc version of this game, it's called Original War.
The main advantage of this tcg game is, that you can play it even when you don't have access to electricity or internet conection.

Also you are wrong with that printing. For every player of trading card games is printing new cards essential to cheaply try new game strategies. I can say that when I played MtG I printed lots of cards.
Mari
Community Veteran
Community Veteran
Poland

Post by Mari »

First of all, we need to translate guide to Polish, because a lot of my friends cannot speak(read) English fluently.
Secondly, if I have to print cards I must know that all rules and cards are correct in sense that there is no mistakes in main rules, etc.
I can test cards with my friends, but have to know all rules, and the best solution is to practice game with someone who had played Original War before start playing card game.
Enguzrad
Soldier level 4
Soldier level 4

Post by Enguzrad »

If I could speak Polish, I would translate it to Polish. You will have to find someone to translate it. Most of the cards are quite easy to understand but if you would like to translate it too, I can give you that cards in form of files which can be opened by my card editor and edited.
You can download editor here: http://www.edisk.cz/stahni/83873/OW_tcg ... .02MB.html

All rules you need to know should be in rulebook, but I can't guarantee that cards are entirely without typing errors.

However if you manage to find something which is not explained in the rulebook, ask me and I will explain it and add it into rulebook.
Enguzrad
Soldier level 4
Soldier level 4

Post by Enguzrad »

Neutral cards are translated. I'm sorry it took so long time.
Sectors are included.
augest2666
Soldier level 0
Soldier level 0

Post by augest2666 »

Hi, I find this thread very interesting. The concept of the game, I did download that pdf of the rules and it is something I think I would enjoy. though, the links all lead to missing files and the pictures don't show on Enguzard's messages. I do want to ask if this is still being translated and worked on or if this has been abandoned because the last post before myself was on August 19th of last year?
Enguzrad
Soldier level 4
Soldier level 4

Post by Enguzrad »

Well, it has been abandoned, but because of different reasons.
After some tests I came to conclusion, that the game I created is not suited for it's main purpose, because it is unnecessarily complex. I managed to create new rules, which are simplier to understand and the game itself should become more dynamic and less demanding on space.
It's difference like between Lord of the Rings tcg and Magic the Gathering :D.
Right now I'm just waiting for end of May, where I finally will have some time and I can rework my card game.

I often forget to check my links, but even that I abandoned it, I'll update them again.