No
75%

Total votes: 4

kostek00
Soldier level 1
Soldier level 1

Changing attack pattern on mission 15 on alliance side

Post by kostek00 »

The most threat to any side are those who can build siberite bomb. Alliance and arabians can't, so they should be set to minimal threat to americans and russians which should lead to rarer attacks on their bases and much more on others. I'm not saying that they shouldn't attack alliance at all but this should lowered a bit.

I'm thinking that attack pattern on alliance could be randomly selected for the next unit group produced and procentage could look like this:
Easy - 20-30% on player being attacked by anyone.
Normal - 30-50% on player being attacked by anyone.
Hard - 50-70% on player being attacked by anyone.

I think this is fair distribution based on difficulty but can be raised or lowered. Attacking procentage could be randomly selected on mission loading or it can be permanently set.

Any attack procentage for all sides could be independent. This could lead on being attacked by 3 sides at once. (2 sides if attack is selected for non-player side.)

My goal in this enhancement is to bring a bit randomness to OW alliance last mission. Right now it's boring. All you need to do is build strong enough defence and wait for them to come at you and let you capture their tanks. I know it can make mission easier for player but this also can be fixed by making attacks on player much stronger. For example instead of 5 tanks going at you there will be 10.

What do you think of this?
Last edited by kostek00 on Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrMentor
Soldier level 4
Soldier level 4

Re: Changing attack pattern on mission 15 on alliance side

Post by MrMentor »

This mission is designed to pass it quickly.
At the start of the mission you destroy Americans and defend a little there. Then arabs. And Russians from the bottom. If I remember correctly, this mission takes about half an hour with artifact research. If you choose to do the defence strategy it's your choice and it's meant to be little boring to encourage you to be faster.
Antitheus
Kung Führer
Kung Führer
Korea North

Post by Antitheus »

Imho Alliance branch missions were made hand over hand and lots of events were commented or skipped. It bases just on your persistence and general ingenuity. If you're smart enough to take over Americans at first - you may be bored but completing this mission would be easy.
0dd1
ArCamp Developer

Post by 0dd1 »

As reasonable as it sounds, I'm afraid it would make the mission too easy. If you don't have to defend as much, it leaves more time for research, other preparations and then attack. I'd say improving the mission should start with upgrading the AI, adding a bit of randomness to attack times, making Russians attack the American base also from the south, making computer attack with bazookers or double lasers, stuff like that.
And btw the mission can be played out in more ways than one - for example destroying Russians (whether from north or south side) isn't really harder than taking out the Americans in the beginning.
Do it!
kostek00
Soldier level 1
Soldier level 1

Post by kostek00 »

I played so many times in that game that I already won this mission almost every way. I only didn't won it by capturing russians first so I know it is boring. I will try that way some day.

My solution may seems making mission easier to win but there are other ways to make it harder. More tanks, more frequent atttacks, reinforcements for enemy and such.
0dd1
ArCamp Developer

Post by 0dd1 »

Exactly the point. All those "other" improvements would have to be clearly defined and implemented before this one. It's a nice idea but seems more like just a matter of appearances, since most of the attacks not directed at the player would probably simply go unnoticed.
Do it!