Moderator: Newswriters

Morgan
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
France

We've found a way to get less "synchro lost"

Post by Morgan »

Hi dears members of OWN & OW community.

I'd like to share an important news with you. Actually, we have found a way to get less desync in Original War.

All began in the french community. We were searching a new tool to play old games like Theme Hospital (hamachi was not working on the old games like this one) and we found Evolve. Indeed, Evolve gives a better sync to the players and it makes a sort of private proxy. At the beginning, we didn't make any bound to Original War, thinking it could not change anything.

We continued playing with Evolve and it appeared that our games on OW were not getting desync anymore and yet, we are playing a strange mod with a lot of strange functions that use to crash the game - we think. We decided to make some tests and then we can conclude that Evolve is the tool to use to avoid sync lost : our games used to crash every 2-3 hours but, now, it doesn't crash anymore and we can play more than 6-7 hours (without having any desync).

We are glad to share this news with you. You can get Evolve by clicking this link :
https://www.evolvehq.com/welcome

Antitheus shared a link to the OW Lobby :
https://www.evolvehq.com/groups/original-war-lobby

Do not hesitate to move on this tool if you want to play safe. Do not hesitate to ask questions about Evolve.

See you soon !
McBenn
ArCamp Developer

Re: We've found a way to get less "synchro lost"

Post by McBenn »

I'm not sure I understand how a VPN program solves desync problems but if it works I'm good :)
Morgan
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
France

Re: We've found a way to get less "synchro lost"

Post by Morgan »

Yeah, I don't know a lot about all these things but we are certain it works well. We play OW every days and we can see a big difference.

EDIT : I sent a message to Stucuk today, he said : "Makes sense if it lowers your ping and/or reduces packet loss. Sync Lost is basically where something happens on one persons game which doesn't on other peoples. This can happen for example if a packet is lost in transmission so that one player never gets the packet that tells it player 2 created a unit. Lag can also cause the problem as a packet may not arrive in time."

EDIT 2 : Someone is having issues with Evolve while the others say that Evolve is a great tool to get less desync. We will begin new tests this weekend.
We did one this night and the game was 8hours 47minutes long (but we were not playing). It crashed because of an OW error (not a desync). We'll do another one this weekend and we are going to play it but we'd already tested it and it was working well.

We are investigating.