ORIGINAL WAR Interviews with Altar Interactive Developers & Designers (#1)

[ International News ]

Moderator: Newswriters

Morgan
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
France

ORIGINAL WAR Interviews with Altar Interactive Developers & Designers (#1)

Post by Morgan »

The Altar interviews video about Original War's development is on YouTube!

We hope you enjoy the video and please do not forget to send us your feedbacks in the comments.

Many thanks for your patience and for your support!
Last edited by Morgan on Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:30 pm, edited 11 times in total.
McBenn
ArCamp Developer

Re: ORIGINAL WAR Interviews with Altar Interactive Developers & Designers (#1)

Post by McBenn »

Very nicely done, ty :D Great to know that the developers had just as much fun creating the game as we have playing and modding it :p
Morgan
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
France

Post by Morgan »

Thank you very much McBenn, comments motivate me to do even more and I admit I was a bit worried that nobody posted in this topic. But also I got lots on feedbacks on Discord and this at least made my work feel more justified and fun :P

Modding is truly amazing especially with SGUI which introduces LUA to the game, and abilities to mod the game in a crazy way. I'd like to thank you again for your SAIL tutorial on OWS which, when I was only ~14 years old, introduced me to my first steps ever of coding stuff.

Nowadays, thanks to your guide and my evolution, I have been able to learn and understand how delphi globally works (and LUA thanks to SGUI) and that makes me able to work on my projects in a dimension I never thought was possible on my end. Currently making a remake of Sid Meier's Colonization (1994) using LUA, which is attached to Original War as a mod but is also fully exportable to an independent app. I don't call myself a professional coder in any way but it is thanks to your dedication that I first started to get interest in this crazy world :)
Last edited by Morgan on Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
McBenn
ArCamp Developer

Post by McBenn »

It's always nice to know what you do is appreciated :) It must have taken quite some time and effort to make contact to the creators, then interview them and then put the video together.

You're very welcome for the tutorial :amhello: but sounds like you have come far on your own since then. And just because you are not a professional coder doesn't mean you aren't capable. Several of the people I work with don't have a formal education and they do just as fine as everyone else. It's the devotion that counts :P
And btw, on that subject. If you talk to the developers of OW again sometime, you can thank them for inspiring a new generation of modders and programmers - it's thanks to OW that I ended up a programmer instead of a physicist or mathematician :arhello: