How I Think Experience Works in Original War

Modding, patches, etc., for anyone who speaks neither Polish nor Czech.
Gwren1
Soldier level 1
Soldier level 1
Argentina

How I Think Experience Works in Original War

Post by Gwren1 »

I didn't know you can have a soldier Level 5 whose experience is inferior to 1000. I mean it sounds a bit steeupit. Doesn't it? Unless it means "Experience in the Future, or previous to Embarking through the EON". That should explain why Prof. Scholtze has such a high level and so small "experience". He already got experience prior to the Pliocene Mission, in his career.

Another way of understanding this is by saying "so why there is a further level of experience and not a single, eternal one" (like what happens with level 10s), basically the Pliocene Mission has new challenges to the soldiers, engineers, mechanics and scientists. Therefore once they start getting used to these challenges and they acquire more knowledge, it's more difficult to reach the next level because there are a lot of things that the character already knows and the challenges seem to be generally the same.

Anyways, these are all product of my logic and imagination. If you think there's something wrong or there's space to improve let me know.

Thanks!

Gwren1 out! :aminvis:
-Aleph.

a very active person

"You can only do well at something if you put the time in. Doesn't matter what subject it is. You can't make a master piece over night."
Wise man Stu-
Gwren1
Soldier level 1
Soldier level 1
Argentina

Re: How I Think Experience Works in Original War

Post by Gwren1 »

Exactly! That's how Mercenaries work in OW, like Raul Xavier. He's a badass character. :arsmile:
-Aleph.

a very active person

"You can only do well at something if you put the time in. Doesn't matter what subject it is. You can't make a master piece over night."
Wise man Stu-