Converting the game's language

Modding, patches, etc., for anyone who speaks neither Polish nor Czech.
Herrnoberst
Soldier level 1
Soldier level 1

Converting the game's language

Post by Herrnoberst »

Hello, i have installed patch 2.0.3.5, then drag and dropped LangENG.owp into game's main folder to change language from Cze into En, the texts did change but any audio(and the cutscenes too) remaint in Cze language, where exactly must this LangENG.owp stay at so the game recognizes and uses it ?
One interesting detail is that using German at the launcher the names of missions did convert to target language at the campaign mission selection ingame, but when using English option at launcher they remaint Cze in the game.
Antitheus
Kung Führer
Kung Führer
Korea North

Re: Converting the game's language

Post by Antitheus »

f you're using Steam, you should change game's language in your Steam library. If not, change language in your launcher.
Herrnoberst
Soldier level 1
Soldier level 1

Post by Herrnoberst »

Did you even read ? I did change to English at the launcher, the sounds and mission names remaint in czech. The mission names did translated to german when change to German at the launcher. Audio remaint always in czech, how do i get the game to use audio other than czech ?
Antitheus
Kung Führer
Kung Führer
Korea North

Post by Antitheus »

The answer depends on the fact of using Steam. If you don't own OW on that platform, you need to download the lang package from here, change your language in game's launcher and follow instructions from here. If you want to change audio when using Steam, you need to change your language in game's properties (steam options) and wait for OW to update.
Really want to know if I'm reading posts carefully at 6:00 AM?
Herrnoberst
Soldier level 1
Soldier level 1

Post by Herrnoberst »

Im talking about an launcher, so what are the chances of my game being on steam ?
Do you want to know how much i can care about you reading posts carefully or not at 6:00 AM ?

Ok, the question very simplified: LangGER.owp works but LangENG.owp doesnt. why ?
Antitheus
Kung Führer
Kung Führer
Korea North

Post by Antitheus »

http://wiki.owsupport.com/index.php?title=Parameters try running with proper param and/or check your owar.ini.
And for being insolent f**k - don't expect any more help from me.
Herrnoberst
Soldier level 1
Soldier level 1

Post by Herrnoberst »

I cant see how im "being an insolent frack" for asking an question.

In owar.ini stays:
[Main]
Language=ENG

and LangENG.owp stays in Original War main directory alongside LangGER.owp yet the game is not fully in English when used with English language. Using German functions as intended.

I have re-downloaded LangENG.owp considering the possibility it may have got corrupt during the download somehow but this wasnt the case as it still does not function.
Herrnoberst
Soldier level 1
Soldier level 1

Post by Herrnoberst »

Apparently the dubbing doesnt effect cutscenes at all, is that intended or an bug ?
Herrnoberst
Soldier level 1
Soldier level 1

Post by Herrnoberst »

I dont know what exactly happened, but:
Installed Sands of Siberia mod(got the winter pack at moddb), launched it, had no text under arabian campaign logo, clicked it then the game hanged, closed via task manager. Launched the game again then switched to default via ingame Mods button, somehow did fix the english translation and got it all working.

I think that hang-up was unrelated but the ingame switch to an mod and then back may have done the trick. (game probably created something missing during the transition that was required by the language file to work, or something like that.)

So if anyone else happent to not get english in specific to work: install any mod, start as it, then switch to default via ingame 'mods' button to fix it.