SYNC w OW - Ekipa analizująca [ENG + PL]

To, co nie pasuje do pozostałych kategorii, ma swoje miejsce tutaj.
stucuk
OWSupport.com Owner

Re: SYNC w OW - Ekipa analizująca [ENG + PL]

Post by stucuk »

Think i am wrong about the Random functions. They may all be safe except Randomize. From what i can tell all random number types get their random seed based on the multiplayer random seed sent to each client. So as long as a map doesn't Randomize the random numbers it should be safe Sync wise.

Issue 160 will prevent the two randomize functions from working in Multiplayer maps.
- Stu
OWSupport
Morgan
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
France

Post by Morgan »

Ok so I played three games tonight and I had strange bugs, that I was not having before.

First game : 1 versus 1 on Flags. The game was frozen, the units were not moving. When I clicked on the menu to quit the game, the units were moving for like half a second but it couldn't be reproduced.

Second game : 1 versus 1 on bloody valley (I think it's the right name? the map where there is a special tree at the center). I'm not sure but something surprised me. I completed some researches on a basic laboratory, and then when upgrading it, I had to do them again.

Third game (flags, 3 players) : that's where I saw another important thing. When driving a manual vehicle, if you press the shift key and tell the unit to move somewhere, and then to leave the vehicle, then the unit leaves the vehicle immediatly instead of finishing the movement action. I also think the bug with researches I had on 2nd game has been reproduced here.

Also, when going back to windows, and then going back to the game, there can be like a texture problem on the bottom left (the area where is displayed the avatars of our characters). There was a strange pink cube but it disappeared when I clicked on something.

These bugs are strange, and I insist on the fact that I didn't have them before I put the sync patch. Is somebody having these problems too?

However, we had no sync lost. The only main problem we had was that we were having so many pauses. I guess that's because we did not put a custom value on the config file.
Xander
Soldier level 6
Soldier level 6

Post by Xander »

Morgan wrote: The game was frozen, the units were not moving. When I clicked on the menu to quit the game, the units were moving for like half a second but it couldn't be reproduced.
Morgan wrote: If you press the shift key and tell the unit to move somewhere, and then to leave the vehicle, then the unit leaves the vehicle immediatly instead of finishing the movement action
Morgan wrote: Also, when going back to windows, and then going back to the game, there can be like a texture problem on the bottom left (the area where is displayed the avatars of our characters). There was a strange pink cube but it disappeared when I clicked on something.
Morgan wrote: The only main problem we had was that we were having so many pauses

and when you play with a lot players (np:. 7) sync is unavoidable
Creative wrote:Chodziło mi o to że sam przerabiam zrobione mapy. (budynki, ludki itd)
A co do saila to przecież sam muszę wklejać.

https://trello.com/b/QkpOj7p7/nefarems-history
stucuk
OWSupport.com Owner

Post by stucuk »

All the Sync Pause does is pause the game when it detects the user requesting more than 10 (By default) Ticks. It doesn't change research/etc.

The Shift issue is Issue 159 which has nothing to do with Build 31 (It was caused by the fix to Issue 126 which is build 28).

If the game is pausing too often then you will need the host to modify the value (No one has told me what the best value for it is, 10 was just a random number).

EDIT: From what i can tell, there should be about 33 ticks per second.
- Stu
OWSupport
stucuk
OWSupport.com Owner

Post by stucuk »

I screwed up, there should be no ; in the ini file

It should be like the following:

Code: Select all

[Server]
Server_AskTicksLimit = 10
If there is a ; at the end it will invalidate it.
- Stu
OWSupport
stucuk
OWSupport.com Owner

Post by stucuk »

- OWAR_2015-08-21_2.0.3.0.rar

This build "should" un-pause after about 3 seconds. I haven't been able to get packet loss to test it. I increased the default value of Server_AskTicksLimit to 20. Issue 159 and any(Engine ones) other issues marked as fixed are included in this build. The Achievements menu section has been removed from this build as it was never completed.

Note: This build includes most of the exe's. As such it *may* work on top of 2.0.0.0 (I haven't tested) without any issues (As in you may not have to apply multiple patches before applying 2.0.3.0).
- Stu
OWSupport
stucuk
OWSupport.com Owner

Post by stucuk »

Did anyone ever do any research into what the best value for Server_AskTicksLimit is? How high it can be before you start getting Sync Lost's.
- Stu
OWSupport
Enguzrad
Soldier level 4
Soldier level 4

Post by Enguzrad »

I can just say from the time we discovered this pause trick, we recognized the difference between players using ingame clock. Which means that it should be working fine with up to about 10 seconds worth of ticks.
stucuk
OWSupport.com Owner

Post by stucuk »

Enguzrad wrote:I can just say from the time we discovered this pause trick, we recognized the difference between players using ingame clock. Which means that it should be working fine with up to about 10 seconds worth of ticks.
I think that would be about 333 ticks. So if your right, setting it to something like 300 would work.

Though i could be wrong as the source code is a maze. Should be 30 milliseconds per tick (33.3333333 ticks per second).
- Stu
OWSupport