OWBOT

To, co nie pasuje do pozostałych kategorii, ma swoje miejsce tutaj.
stucuk
OWSupport.com Owner

OWBOT

Post by stucuk »

Please stop putting incorrect information on the IRC. 2.0.3.0 has NOT been released. Its a Work In Progress build only given to people in a single thread on this forum so that they could see if the Sync Pause would work. It was never Officially released as the OWBot seems to claim.

If your going to mention WIP builds then you need to notify people that its a Work In Progress build. Otherwise they will assume that its an officially released patch.

If this kind of thing doesn't stop i will be forced to add annoying message box's to the WIP builds that show every single time you try and run it to warn users that its a WIP.
- Stu
OWSupport
Antitheus
Kung Führer
Kung Führer
Korea North

Re: OWBOT

Post by Antitheus »

I didn't add the message about the WIP because it's well marked in your post. Nevertheless, I corrected it. Should be ok now.

Btw. idk if anyone is paying attention to the OWBOT's spam. Most of the time I'm forced to answer the same questions.
Creative
Blackmen level 100
Blackmen level 100
Poland

Post by Creative »

What is OWBOT?
stucuk
OWSupport.com Owner

Post by stucuk »

Antitheus wrote:Btw. idk if anyone is paying attention to the OWBOT's spam. Most of the time I'm forced to answer the same questions.
Some do listen:
- http://forum.stucuk.net/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2944
Creative wrote:What is OWBOT?
Its an IRC Bot which spams people in the OW IRC Channel (Multiplayer Lobby). It also answers questions. There is no real point to it.
- Stu
OWSupport
Gravitr
Throwback Developer
Czech Republic

Post by Gravitr »

I don't use any commands on OWBOT, anyway there could be some usefull command f.x. if player's IP (hosted game) is visible or not. New players are asking this question quite a lot (from what I saw in lobby) and they wonder why no one don't connect to their game.
[MOD] Arabian History - 9 missions
Show post with download

[MOD] Vsevolod Mission - 4 pro missions
Show post with download

[MP-MOD] Throwback - over 35 new missions
Official site (+download)
Antitheus
Kung Führer
Kung Führer
Korea North

Post by Antitheus »

At least they were forced to give you some feedback :P Shame, that most of them are plain trolls, posting in the manner of butthurt. Just ignore most of MostWanted095's comments, he's an absolute idiot and an asshole. He didn't read your post on OWN, just downloaded the WIP build and venting his childish tension on you. It's a shame, that you can't blame anyone for his stupidity.

Gravitr: I don't think it would be possible. OWBOT is only an "IRC channel user" - hosted via OWN. It's not implemented in game.

Edit: btw. the disappearing multiplayer button is not a 2.0.3. fault. The problem was present on 2.0.1.1. as well. I thought it's a simple renderer problem, because all you need to do to "fix" it is to restart the game.
stucuk
OWSupport.com Owner

Post by stucuk »

In 2.0.3.0 the multiplayer button was moved into a new menu (Which appears when you hit play). The missing button in the screenshot he provided is the Achievements button which is hidden in 2.0.3.0 due to it being incomplete and useless.

There were some random issues with the menu system and buttons where it would be missing though it was the American/Russian/Load buttons. As it was very random i was never able to isolate it (Next restart it was fine, only happened rarely). To my knowledge the random buttons being missing is an issue of the menu system, not something i have done (Due to the menu system being horribly coded i never rearly touched it much especially in recent years).

@Gravitr: If they use port forwarding then there games should be visible to everyone else who has the same version (Well same Multiplayer Protocol Version).

From a technical standpoint it could be possible to in the future (With the SGUI menu system update which still has a LONG way to go) to make the list of games in the multiplayer lobby show every single game from all versions, as well as listing games which OW hasn't had a response from (But having them coloured, like red for invalid, gray for ones which there has been no response).

The way the current system works is that the Master Server returns all games which use the same Multiplayer Protocol version to the client. Client then sends a packet to each of the current games and only if it gets a response does it add it to the list that you see.
- Stu
OWSupport
Gravitr
Throwback Developer
Czech Republic

Post by Gravitr »

OWBOT still posting incorrect information about "newest" last patch 2.0.1.1. Please someone edit these texts.
[MOD] Arabian History - 9 missions
Show post with download

[MOD] Vsevolod Mission - 4 pro missions
Show post with download

[MP-MOD] Throwback - over 35 new missions
Official site (+download)