Dział poświęcony projektowi Arabian Campaign

Moderator: ArCamp Developer

Antitheus
Kung Führer
Kung Führer
Korea North

[EN] Poll translation

Post by Antitheus »

I'm looking for ppl which are willing to translate the polls and their descriptions into another languages (Cz, Sk, Fr etc.).

The post will mostly contain:
  • Problem description
  • Optionally: spoiler of the mission
  • Optionally: sides of the discussion
If you're willing to help, please send me your email address via PM.
Timeshifter
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: [EN] Poll translation

Post by Timeshifter »

I can translate to Slovak. Just write me an e-mail or send me a message on ICQ or MSN.
"Time, who sees all things, he hath found thee out." -(Sofokles - Oedipus Rex)
Arhiman
Soldier level 0
Soldier level 0

Post by Arhiman »

Hello. Im a OW's french player quite a long time and I'd be happy to help you to translate this mod in French.
Antitheus
Kung Führer
Kung Führer
Korea North

Post by Antitheus »

Be my guest. Post your translation somewhere on the forum or send it straight to McBenn.
mattin111
Soldier level 5
Soldier level 5

Post by mattin111 »

I can Translate in German :lol:
blargh
Soldier level 0
Soldier level 0

Post by blargh »

(I'm not sure where I should put this nor even if anyone will ever look at it, but this topic seemed most appropriate without being ostentatious enough to create an entirely new topic about it.)

Having played the English translation of the mod, I found some parts of it a bit strange. While I don't think there were any parts where I didn't understand what was going on or what was being asked of me in game-play terms, the dialogue often wasn't structured in a way that an English speaker would actually talk.
To that end, I'd like to offer my services with modifying the English script so that it has a more natural conversational flow. I tried looking in the mod files for the scripts so that I could provide an example, but after an admittedly short search wasn't able to find them (unless the 'character script' means dialogue rather than game-scripting, in which case I don't possess a program to open them). Aside from my abortive attempts, if anyone with access to them on hand would be willing to send me the English version of the dialogue (presuming they're written down somewhere) I'd be happy to try and tinker with it.

tl;dr version; Being in the 'unique' position of being an English first-speaker, I'd be more than happy to help with cleaning up the English dialogues to read more clearly.
0dd1
ArCamp Developer

Post by 0dd1 »

Any help is welcome, though I wouldn't presume to speak for McBenn it's probably alright to make a few upgrades. I know my mission (13) does need some.

The files you're looking for are in your mod directory folder->Campaigns->Ar , their names are txt[mission number].wri . It can be just as easily opened as a .txt file.

It's probably best to first post any proposed changes on this forum, in a separate topic.
Do it!
McBenn
ArCamp Developer

Post by McBenn »

Ah damit, is my English really that broken :P Saying that because you're not the first one to point that out. But you are most welcome to proofread the dialogues. I fear there may be quite a few changes and I don't think people will have that strong an opinion about minor changes to the dialogues (what do you think 0dd1?), so I'm fine with you just sending me the corrected dialogue file when you are done and I'll have a look at it.

While it may not be as daunting a task as translating to another language there is still some work involved. Take your time :)
0dd1
ArCamp Developer

Post by 0dd1 »

I never got the impression something is wrong with your use of language, so that makes two of us I guess. And now that you mentioned it, I haven't actually seen most of the English dialogues because initially I played through in Polish, and after that I only focused on stuff relating to gameplay.
Do it!
havoc20102011
Soldier level 0
Soldier level 0
Myanmar

Post by havoc20102011 »

Hello
the French translation is still not finished? there are only 13 translated missions.