[EN] Missions 12-15 Legion

Dział poświęcony projektowi Arabian Campaign

Moderator: ArCamp Developer

McBenn
ArCamp Developer

Re: [EN] Missions 12-15 Legion

Post by McBenn »

* Hadarach -> Willard
I think the reason I'm a little reluctant is how will the player act towards this character if he knows he's gonna betray Ar later (or at least could think of it)? Wouldn't you just shoot him at the end of the mission for same measure?

* Grishko
In Ru03 he does say he is just east of S. M. Kirov placing him at the position Farmer has responsibility for. But that doesn't mean you can't play around and place him in Ar05 anyway.

* Morozov
Possible but even if Yashin does lead the Russian attack he is only mentioned. He's never actually placed on the map (the dialogue also indicates that he sits somewhere safe and directs the attack).

* Gaydar
0dd1 wrote:Now that You mentioned it, in Russian campaign Heike isn't running off after some scientist but is coordinating the attack on Burlak somewhere southwest of Kirov, so it doesn't fit!
Oh well, McBenn will just have to redo the whole Ar06 from the beginning.
Do I sense a wee bit of sarchasm here :P
Placing Gaydar on the run in Ar06 sounds fine to me but I think he would hardly be noticed unless he has a line of dialogue or something. Hm Omar could ofc mention he's in one of the waves.
But as vanimpe points out we can also just pretend he's the Russian officer mentioned in Ar04.

* Lucy Sebel
Lucy Sebel is a scientist. And for the record her skills are [3,0,1,5] [combat,engineer,mechanic,scientist].
vanimpe wrote:Why Legion's base name is Barbarossa?
That was Antitheus's idea. Am bases are named after Greek letters. Ru bases after famous persons. Ar bases after capital Arabian cities (with a "new" prefix). Antitheus proposed that Legion bases be named after famous merchants/pirates. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hayreddin_Barbarossa . It annoys me I can't find the post where he proposes it.
vanimpe
Soldier level 4
Soldier level 4

Post by vanimpe »

In rus/alliance camp we have Kozlov. He betrays rus. Adding Ali Hadarach is good idea. Player will think a while about this hero.

Player cannot see lucy sebel's stats. She is only in the movie. Very intriguing person.
0dd1
ArCamp Developer

Post by 0dd1 »

If this Lucy is such literal backstabbing [female dog], shoudn't she end up with Farmer? Maybe she could say the line about Rolf in 13a intro ("What the hell is he doing here?")?

*Wouldn't you just shoot him at the end of the mission for same measure?
The same applies to Gordon, especially if the player wants to stay with Arabs, and Rolf.
Do it!
vanimpe
Soldier level 4
Soldier level 4

Post by vanimpe »

0dd1 wrote:If this Lucy is such literal backstabbing [female dog], shoudn't she end up with Farmer? Maybe she could say the line about Rolf in 13a intro ("What the hell is he doing here?")?
Good idea!
Antitheus
Kung Führer
Kung Führer
Korea North

Post by Antitheus »

McBenn wrote:
vanimpe wrote:Why Legion's base name is Barbarossa?
That was Antitheus's idea. Am bases are named after Greek letters. Ru bases after famous persons. Ar bases after capital Arabian cities (with a "new" prefix). Antitheus proposed that Legion bases be named after famous merchants/pirates. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hayreddin_Barbarossa . It annoys me I can't find the post where he proposes it.
Nah, this credit is yours :) We had discussed it in our private message system. I've proposed some loose and funny names like "Abdul's ass" or "Costa del sol". Your opinion was for serious names, appropriate for the military institutions. Camp Barbarossa (in Polish Placówka Barbarossa [the camp has twofold meanings in Polish] - literally Facility Barbarossa) was an good idea.
vanimpe
Soldier level 4
Soldier level 4

Post by vanimpe »

All in all, for me, it is a little bit strange that all of the heroes from the legion 12 mission are Heike's good friends and one is a random engineer. You should think about it. Maybe, Steven Lister will be better? He seems to be a person who is not intelligent and will use the radio.
McBenn
ArCamp Developer

Post by McBenn »

Willard -> Hadarach now done.
0dd1 wrote:*Wouldn't you just shoot him at the end of the mission for same measure?
The same applies to Gordon, especially if the player wants to stay with Arabs, and Rolf.
Thought the same shortly after I had posted but forgot to edit :P

Lucy Sebel is now part of Farmer's team in 13a intro.

* Antitheus
Really? Ok then :) What are the two meanings in Polish?
vanimpe wrote:All in all, for me, it is a little bit strange that all of the heroes from the legion 12 mission are Heike's good friends and one is a random engineer. You should think about it. Maybe, Steven Lister will be better? He seems to be a person who is not intelligent and will use the radio.
Heike's friends just happen to be the way she evacuates herself. Farmer has lot of random dudes and gals with him. It's not unthinkable that unknown characters want to join Legion as well.
vanimpe
Soldier level 4
Soldier level 4

Post by vanimpe »

Mobile control towers in mission 12 look strange. Maybe, instead of remotly controlled cars in mission 12, you should use this controlled by apeman? Of course, on the maximum apeman level. The same situation in mission 13 prolegion with Gensher's attack.

In original camp, if Arabs don't have base, they use this controlled by apeman or mechanic. (mission 13 am). Mainly, it looks bad in mission 12 legion.

All in all, Bodenhof betrayed Arabs, whereas Aviradze stays with them. So, his technology is more important.
McBenn
ArCamp Developer

Post by McBenn »

Looks bad? Not sure what you mean about that? Having control tower vehicles instead of a stationary control tower is the advantage Arabs have over American remote control. They don't have a limited range with their remote vehicle since they can move their control towers around. And even if apedriven vehicles were at maximum level they cannot compete with a remotely controlled vehicle (this far in the campaign at least).
vanimpe
Soldier level 4
Soldier level 4

Post by vanimpe »

Yea, but location of remotly control towers is strange 'cos it's on the exit of mission.
McBenn
ArCamp Developer

Post by McBenn »

Well as soon as you take out the control towers no remotely controlled vehicles will enter the map any more so if we put them in the start it would make the mission way too easy.
jirsrt
Soldier level 2
Soldier level 2

Post by jirsrt »

I just wanna ask, I don´t read it there or try it. In last mission Ar15a when Alliance ask me to meet me to help them if i research and construct Siberite bomb first and then go meet with them, join they to me anyway or they don´t want meet with me? I know I can´t research or construct Siberite bomb, when I am with them but before?

Sorry for my bad english
0dd1
ArCamp Developer

Post by 0dd1 »

I just tried it and the Alliance indeed ignored the bomb I already had. Clearly needs to be fixed.
Good spot.
Do it!
McBenn
ArCamp Developer

Post by McBenn »

And fixed it is.
jarmok
Soldier level 1
Soldier level 1

Post by jarmok »

When you are allied with Alliance, shouldn't Frank be in russian base when they teleport you?