Post by Antitheus »

Discussion here.
shooshoo
Soldier level 1
Soldier level 1

Re: [EN] Mission 12 pro Legion

Post by shooshoo »

Wasn't sure where to post, so don't be mad at me :pls:

I understand if I kill deserters in 8th mission they don't appear in 1st mission of Legion. But do they count in medalsgivin? If yes, why?
I can't found Khattam, but I admitted him to Arabs, he wasn't with Olaf and Suze...
I search all the mountains, but also no sign of Sonya, Ralph, Mark or Kowalski...
Antitheus
Kung Führer
Kung Führer
Korea North

Post by Antitheus »

There is a secret passage near the area's exit. Plus, you have played the campaign on the non actual version of the patch, so I think you may experience series of unknown compability bugs, You should start it from the beginning.
McBenn
ArCamp Developer

Post by McBenn »

shooshoo wrote:Wasn't sure where to post, so don't be mad at me :pls:
Easy pal, we're not quite as relentless as Powell or Platonov :P

As you have figured out only people who are still alive will be present in this mission. Khattam is an exception though: If you accept him in mission 11 he won't be present in this mission but will if you go pro Arab and visa versa. The medals are adjusted so you will still receive all three if you save everybody even if e.g. you killed the deserters in mission 08.
The reason why you couldn't find Sonya, Ralph, Mark or Kowalski could be that UPF has killed them before you found them. Gotta be fast.
Antitheus wrote:Plus, you have played the campaign on the non actual version of the patch, so I think you may experience series of unknown compability bugs, You should start it from the beginning.
I stive to not change the saved variables and/or characters when things have been released but sometimes there's no helping it. But I don't think I've changed any such resently so I don't think you, shooshoo, need to start all over again. I can check your save file if you want.
Antitheus
Kung Führer
Kung Führer
Korea North

Post by Antitheus »

shooshoo is facing a couple issues, that are completely outstanding the standard data. If I were in his skin, I would start the campaign anew and check if discussed bugs are still present. I was playing a lot of mods, which contained just basic scripts, but they were a hell unstable on older game versions.
There's unwritten rule, that says: "If mod was written on 1.X, don't use older 1.Y"
McBenn
ArCamp Developer

Post by McBenn »

Regarding the game crashes and (apparent) engine bugs I agree. But I find it harder to believe that SAIL scripts should behave much differently if the game runs (i.e. not crashes). Stu has been very nazi about not changing anything in SAIL, only adding new stuff.
Antitheus
Kung Führer
Kung Führer
Korea North

Post by Antitheus »

I wish it was true McBenn, but like you know, it's a miracle that OW is holding up as a whole. If there is a slightest chance of that, those bugs are system fault - the campaign should be restarted.
I've played the campaign in every possible variant and nothing like that happened to me - ever.
McBenn
ArCamp Developer

Post by McBenn »

According to Stu the code is a mess...
I'm getting quite curious. Exactly what bugs are we talking about?
Antitheus
Kung Führer
Kung Führer
Korea North

Post by Antitheus »

• bugged Am attack spawn in 7th mission
    shooshoo wrote:and they have 2 soldiers(5th level as I remember) and 3-4 tanks which is quite easy to beat I think.
  • If shooshoo is playing on 2nd diff lvl as he said, he should be facing loads of Ru patrols, tanks etc. I think it's possible that they haven't spawn at all.
    shooshoo wrote:Mission 9(suggestion)
    Why I can't destroy central archive after I got documents? Meh, last building standing.
  • Same in mission 10. I must work hardly to build enough defenses, but in shooshoo's version the time between attacks is a little to long
    shooshoo wrote:Also consider shortening time between waves.
  • shooshoo didn't meet the main characters in mission 11
It's possible that he has mistaken with telling us on what diff lvl he's playing or it's probably bugged, due to wrong game version (or I'm lacking the skill :P).
shooshoo
Soldier level 1
Soldier level 1

Post by shooshoo »

Little correction:
I updated ow before going on mission 9, so the only part associated to loading variables may be bugged.

Secondly - for example in 9th mission destroying whole base was really big pain in ...(I think there were dozen of scientist, it takes quite a time to beat them all even they are without any support not to mention when they got suppressive fire) Sabotages, bombs - the timing of all the parts was very hard to achieve(my soldiers barely survived). To better understanding I will write total save games I made in all 13 missions : 1362.

Further on:
On 10th mission I took out Gossudarov in 2-3 mins(ofc after few tries) and I read that russian counterattack has fixed time, not influnced by your actions on mission. But really, after first wave I was getting bored. I built arabian factory and two remote radars, and after that I have plenty of time(hard to say how many, only thing which may be useful is that I repeared russian factory and three manual towers from about two third to full with one apeman).
Don't want to make an essay so I cut it short - mines was key in my strategy, and they did most-but-not-all work.
McBenn
ArCamp Developer

Post by McBenn »

Ok if it took you that much work to destroy everything in mission 09 I'm calm again :P

*(...) russian counterattack has fixed time (...)*
Yes and no. If you make it in time to get the quick action medal, yes. If not the counterattack will come earlier (proportional to the extra time you used).
Well what do you say to this Antitheus? IIRC you were the one who said mission 10 was way too hard.
And now we're talking about mission 10 - how long do people usually take to defeat the Russians? Would be nice with some empirical data here.
Antitheus
Kung Führer
Kung Führer
Korea North

Post by Antitheus »

McBenn wrote:Well what do you say to this Antitheus? IIRC you were the one who said mission 10 was way too hard.
Nope :)
Szarkowiak wrote:otoz lapie rosjan w garsc, uciekajacy transport ciach miną, ale troche jest jakby zbyt malo czasu na rozbudowe bo cos okolo 5 min na dodatek rosjanow przybywa na koniec okolo 50 moze i wiecej,
//
EN: I'm cornering the Russians, destroying the cargo with the mine but there's so little time to develop my base - something around 5 min and in addition Russians are arriving in amount of 50 or more.

I'm quite weary today, so the translation may be not as understandable as I wish it to be.
http://forum.original-war.net/viewtopic.php?f=80&t=3791
The problem lays in a small number of player's reports. I'm aware of the fact, that the campaign's difficulty shouldn't be subordinated to one player's phantasies, so I'm trying to be as much objective as I can. In my opinion, when you're prolonging the fact of capturing the base the Russians are arriving quite fast - but it's possible to defend the base now. If the player manages to capture the base after 3 mins - he probably would wait a while until the Russians arrive.

EDIT: If ppl won't write their thoughts here, they may do this on facebook:

Edit2: tested the mission 3 times in a row. Everything is just enough - your timing must be ideal if you want to pass it without any problems. Are you shooshoo sure, you're playing 2nd difficulty?
McBenn
ArCamp Developer

Post by McBenn »

I didn't remember correctly then. Nvm :)
// I didn't translated it then. I've played on the 1st diff lvl and I thought the 2nd diff attack will be so easy too :P

Facebook was a nice idea :)

Perhaps the timing of the attacks are ok after all but I don't think the time needed to get the fast action medal is fitting. Atm it's

Code: Select all

max_player_attack_time = [20$0,15$0,10$0][difficulty];
Sounds like it should be shifted 5 min down for all difficulties to [15$0,10$0,5$0][difficulty]. Or what do you say?
Antitheus
Kung Führer
Kung Führer
Korea North

Post by Antitheus »

IDK if capturing the base in 5 mins on the hardest difficulty would be possible to accomplish. Maybe 15$0, 10$0, 10$0? IMHO Russian soldiers and vehicles would do the thing.
jarmok
Soldier level 1
Soldier level 1

Post by jarmok »

What are all medals for this mission for? I saved everyone and got 0. And yes, everyone was present in the next mission.