Dział poświęcony projektowi Arabian Campaign

Moderator: ArCamp Developer

Antitheus
Kung Führer
Kung Führer
Korea North

[EN] General bug reporting

Post by Antitheus »

[PL info]: Błędy kampanii można zgłaszać po polsku - Wasze wypowiedzi będą tlumaczone.

Mission 10
The mission simply won't end until you remove the artifact from the (Russian) cargo bay. I captured Gossudarov's cargo bay and repaired it, so the artifact was still placed in the vehicle. The dialogue triggered after I had unloaded it and mission objective was added:

Code: Select all

# MAddCargoBay
Add Main cargobay
- Construct a cargo bay to transport the alien artifact
Just after the dialogue, mission has ended.
---

Mission 10
You can do whatever you want to with Gordon's group. They won't react if you attack them. I've killed scout on the hilltop and, after the dialogue, Gordon and his man (after refusing them). I think, after you killed one of his man, his crew should pursue you.

---

Mission 11
I didn't meet Khattam (I think I was a little to fast). Maybe he should join you just after Gensher's betrayal?
---

Mission 11
You can do whatever you want with Gensher base. They won't react on your attack etc.
Antitheus
Kung Führer
Kung Führer
Korea North

Re: [EN] General bug reporting

Post by Antitheus »

Serious one:
9th mission is impossible to accomplish on 2nd difficulty level. I've passed this mission few times as beginner but now I've tried every possible way and nothing. The only solution to sneak into the Archive is to flirt with Russian soldier and then kill or tie him - otherwise, the scientist will knock you out. But just after the dialogue (kill/tie him) the soldier/scientist is heading into commander's barracks. You don't have enough time to collect just more than 5 documents.

Archive location:
Spoiler:
The same mission:
If Yakov is killed before he realizes your trick, Heike will say her part ("She's probably somewhere") anyway. Btw. I think the "discrete area" should be somehow marked - I lured Yakov away from the base by northern passage and nothing happened.

11th:
1. I think the Russians are attacking a little to soon or their firepower is a far to big. I suspect that the "attack time" is based on the time spent on capturing the artifact. I would advise raising it or changing the clock mechanism (played on 2nd difficulty lvl and had no chances)

2. When you're letting the hostages go away - If there's lots of them - the game is going to lag. It would be a big relief for the game to change the exit area (lower right corner).
McBenn
ArCamp Developer

Post by McBenn »

Mission 10
The mission simply won't end until you remove the artifact from the (Russian) cargo bay.
Fixed.

Mission 10
You can do whatever you want to with Gordon's group.
Changed your attitude towards them to neutral so you become enemy with them if you attack them. Also, they will move out of the map (and won't talk to you) if you attack them.

Mission 11
I didn't meet Khattam
There was a delay of at least 2 minutes before he spawned. I just removed that.

Mission 11
You can do whatever you want with Gensher base.
Now you lost if you try any funny sh** :P

9th mission is impossible to accomplish on 2nd difficulty level.
Well, yes if you don't use any diversions (made by your men outside the base). It isn't obvious you can do it, I agree, so I've added some dialogues to point it out.

If Yakov is killed before he realizes your trick, Heike will say her part ("She's probably somewhere") anyway. Btw. I think the "discrete area" should be somehow marked - I lured Yakov away from the base by northern passage and nothing happened.
Say-thingy fixed.
It is marked but it's not very big so it's hard to see. I don't know how to mend that. And the mountain road to the north would be another possible "discrete area" if it wasn't because of the possibility that patrols walk through there.

1. I think the Russians are attacking a little to soon or their firepower is a far to big.
This and the next one are mission 10 I suppose.
How long did you take to capture the artifact? Is it just the first attack which is too strong/too early or both attacks?

2. When you're letting the hostages go away - If there's lots of them - the game is going to lag.
Changed their exit area to the lower right corner as suggested.
Antitheus
Kung Führer
Kung Führer
Korea North

Post by Antitheus »

McBenn wrote:
9th mission is impossible to accomplish on 2nd difficulty level.
Well, yes if you don't use any diversions (made by your men outside the base). It isn't obvious you can do it, I agree, so I've added some dialogues to point it out.
The trick is, I tried to make some noise but nothing. I can attack the base when 'code black' is sounded and then some of the Russians will leave the Archive, but when I fall back - they're returning to besieging Heike. The guy, which is taking Heike into Archive, is getting out too soon.
McBenn wrote:
1. I think the Russians are attacking a little to soon or their firepower is a far to big.
This and the next one are mission 10 I suppose.
How long did you take to capture the artifact? Is it just the first attack which is too strong/too early or both attacks?
When I capture the artifact in 2-3 minutes - all seems to be ok (but I don't have enough time to fairly fortify the base etc.) But when I tried to delay the things - Russians are attacking shortly after capturing the base (I managed to repair the depot and build barracks). Seriously, I'm afraid of imagining how hard is this mission on 3rd diff lvl.
McBenn
ArCamp Developer

Post by McBenn »

Tweaked some variables and fixed a bug related to code black. It's probably because I know all the details of the mission that I can accomplish it so easily.

I always test missions on medium difficulty so I know I can accomplish it on medium (or at least that goes for the original version - can't remember if I've made it more difficult since then). Anyway, what about the second attack? Is that too early/too strong?
Antitheus
Kung Führer
Kung Führer
Korea North

Post by Antitheus »

I think I'm experienced OW player and now its hard to find difficult mission for me + before playing new mission I'm reading its plot and checking the editor for the map and sail code. In my opinion, they're attacking with all this firepower to soon. I think it will be reasonable to cut the attacking forces a little and increase time between the attacks (I hardly built two remote radars). Present 2nd diff. of mission 10 could be changed into 3rd diff lvl, because - trust me - it's really hard to defend the base.
McBenn
ArCamp Developer

Post by McBenn »

I'll take your word for it. Shifted the difficulty so medium corresponds to hard (but slacked a little so hard is a little easier than the former medium).
Antitheus
Kung Führer
Kung Führer
Korea North

Post by Antitheus »

One more issue, which I had forgotten (ornamental thing): I advice to stop "documents stolen" clock in mission 9 (eg. on when you have got 35-50 documents in total).
McBenn
ArCamp Developer

Post by McBenn »

You got it.
Antitheus
Kung Führer
Kung Führer
Korea North

Post by Antitheus »

Mission 13a
Finally I've got some time to test this great mission, so I found some bugs.
  • Intro: The characters (Farmer and Heike) should be facing eachother, instead of walking around
  • I didn't get the medal after killing Gensher
  • After the "Gensher event" the characters will continue their "siege" dialogues ("kicking out Rolf", "Louis is escaping")
McBenn
ArCamp Developer

Post by McBenn »

Fixed.
Don't be so damn fast with killing Gensher. I didn't calculate for that :P
Antitheus
Kung Führer
Kung Führer
Korea North

Post by Antitheus »

13a again
I'm playing as begginer to track all possible bugs.
  • Sometimes when the 2nd map is loaded Heike is spawned above the screen so we don't see her during the dialogue (also she freely walks around)
  • I think I achieve the time record. I've destroyed the Am base before the scout alarmed me about the reinforcements. So then, Gensher appeared (the event is usually started when there's 5 min to Am reinforcements arrival). The point is, arabians didn't attack me at all (vehicles and mortar operators was spawned), so I killed gensher at the first place (you can set the mines on the hill before his arrival btw.), the arabians retreated (vehicles - mortar ops was still there) but the mission won't end (active goal: survive the UPF assault).
13a 2nd diff lvl
The mission is really a challenge now :)
  • The Gensher's mines are infinite (the bomb will always be triggered if you enter the spot - even when Gensher and other arabians are killed). I think they should be one use.
McBenn
ArCamp Developer

Post by McBenn »

Haven't had time to fix the bugs yet but I have a fairly good idea where to look.
Antitheus wrote:you can set the mines on the hill before his arrival btw.
Ach! I didn't think of that :arwtf: Do you have any suggestions how to fix that?
Antitheus wrote:The mission is really a challenge now :)
I love that smiley there - "ah finally a challenge" :P
Just so I'm sure I get you right: When UPF is defeated the mines should deactivate? Hm yeah there is some justice in that. After all those mines only trigger if the player steps on one. All other "persistent" mines trigger whoever steps on them (a deliberate approach of mine - seems more fair in my oppinion).
Antitheus
Kung Führer
Kung Führer
Korea North

Post by Antitheus »

There's a loads of challenging missions in the campaign, so I'm never tired of competing it over and over again. I'm not sure if we should block the possibility of killing Gensher with mines - creative players would profit :P

I think the mines should be one use only and they should be deactivated after retreat of arabian forces. Thus, imho it looks a little unnatural when 5 mines are triggered almost at the same time, in the same place.
McBenn
ArCamp Developer

Post by McBenn »

I think we should prevent it. What about Gensher "cleaning away" the mines before he goes near the hill? In practice it will just be a guy (probably engineer) walking from mine to mine. When he reaches a mine it's simply removed.

I agree that the mines should deactivate when UPF retreats. I'm not sure what you mean with the last part. The mines are placed randomly, don't repspawn and trigger when any unit from the player's side moves over them.