[EN] General bug reporting

Dział poświęcony projektowi Arabian Campaign

Moderator: ArCamp Developer

Krotos
Soldier level 2
Soldier level 2

Re: [EN] General bug reporting

Post by Krotos »

Okay then. I will follow the initial format I was planning to go along with, which is sending the modified files to you with information about what was changed so you'll see everything right away without having to open the .wri file itself.

@Character Interaction - Perhaps using Kowalski as a scout would work? I noticed you have lines in Ar11 for everyone (Weaver's lover is my favourite so far), but what I'm thinking of is - pardon my idea here, Odd - replacing "Snake" with Kowalski to give him some more depth. There are way too many characters and Kowalski seems to be a perfect fit for "Loyal UPF Scout" that assists Heike and sort of watches over her for Gensher until certain changes in command during Ar12-14, where he sticks strictly to Gensher and his orders.

It's all your call though.
0dd1
ArCamp Developer

Post by 0dd1 »

I honestly don't see Kowalski as a scout, characterwise. Swansson would be more like, and like I said, he'd be the one in need of more development, not Kowalski. Secondly, although it's not clearly defined, but the Arabian forces sort of divide into deserting mercenaries, Gensher's UPF people and "Heike and friends". Right now both Kowalski and Swansson seem to be a part of Heike's crew while the scout was meant to be one of Gensher's, someone from the outside. Also, you have to keep in mind that as a player character, Kowalski could die at any point in the campaign, and then someone else would need to fill the role of a scout. So basically moving either Swansson or Kowalski to Ar13 would mean erasing them from the campaign so far.
Actually, I never planned on Snake in the first place. Originally I placed a guy called Lister from first mission intro, but then I found someone was getting overly enthusiastic and just had to use up all the characters that ever appear even for a second (Swansson was placed in the same way). That annoyed me a bit and I decided to amuse myself too, picking my own character. It's not that unreasonable, I thought it would take someone with real stealth skills and experience, to manage all the things he does in missions 13 and 14. If we had an actual scout character, comparable to that of Frank Forsyth it would make sense, but none of the ones we have comes across as such.

btw there is one other "silent" character - Evelyn Lockhart. Would be nice to have something for her too.
Do it!
Krotos
Soldier level 2
Soldier level 2

Post by Krotos »

So I managed to crash Ar11 by repeatedly restarting it. Here's a log.
Attachments
ErrorLog0022.txt
(2.02 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
McBenn
ArCamp Developer

Post by McBenn »

Ehm ok... No idea what's going wrong here. It's the game engine somehow. I think you better forward this to Stucuk.
Krotos
Soldier level 2
Soldier level 2

Post by Krotos »

McBenn wrote:Ehm ok... No idea what's going wrong here. It's the game engine somehow. I think you better forward this to Stucuk.
Already ahead of you - it's related to avatar loading issues for some reason. Gave him reproduction steps and perhaps he'll find out what's the problem.
Krotos
Soldier level 2
Soldier level 2

Post by Krotos »

So after the latest build got added on Steam, this is what happened to all timers in Ar14.
I'm wondering if it's something strictly related to Polish OW and will check it later on English version.
EDIT: The same applies to English OW. Thanks to Nefarem for assisting me.
0dd1
ArCamp Developer

Post by 0dd1 »

It works properly on my end. You sure this was taken on the latest version?
Do it!
Krotos
Soldier level 2
Soldier level 2

Post by Krotos »

0dd1 wrote:It works properly on my end. You sure this was taken on the latest version?
The latest one available on Steam Workshop, yes. When was the last time you did the changes? The build on Steam is from 31.12.
Krotos
Soldier level 2
Soldier level 2

Post by Krotos »

Double post, but a necessary one: According to multiple reports the game seems to slow down severely after destroying the leftmost middle base (the one right next to the spot where the convoy arrives) and the central big base (the one mined by Gordon). I checked the mission and can confirm the issue. Chances are some of the SAIL triggers related to mine detonation cause a severe slowdown of the game afterwards.
0dd1
ArCamp Developer

Post by 0dd1 »

What exactly does a slowdown mean? There is some chance of having the movement of units lagging, which is just an inefficiency of game engine. You can see it every time a lot of units are moving somewhere at once. Nothing you can do about it in SAIL, unless you want to drastically decrease the number of units on the map, or get rid of the base evacuation altogether.

I don't know why attacking the left base be a problem. Are you sure this suddenly happens after the destruction of the base, and is not just an effect of the combat?
Do it!
Krotos
Soldier level 2
Soldier level 2

Post by Krotos »

0dd1 wrote:What exactly does a slowdown mean? There is some chance of having the movement of units lagging, which is just an inefficiency of game engine. You can see it every time a lot of units are moving somewhere at once. Nothing you can do about it in SAIL, unless you want to drastically decrease the number of units on the map, or get rid of the base evacuation altogether.

I don't know why attacking the left base be a problem. Are you sure this suddenly happens after the destruction of the base, and is not just an effect of the combat?
After the retreat of a few Russian units as well as killing all of them, all of my units suffered from severe input delay. If I - by any chance - put a unit within the Time Lapser field, that unit is as good as dead. It will simply stop responding at all.

It's a behaviour similar to the one with apemen, where sometimes they will absolutely stop responding, become unable to react to orders and cannot be killed. In this case, however, they don't respond at all but >will< be killed. Something's throttling the game's memory and it happens every time after using Gordon's mines to get rid of the central base.

Here's how the situation looks like from my perspective:
Gravitr
Throwback Developer
Czech Republic

Post by Gravitr »

In mission 08, although I killed around 200 people and many many vehicles in the middle-left of russian base, there's still dozens of people them comming from middle of base, from nowhere.

Last edited by Gravitr on Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[MOD] Arabian History - 9 missions
Show post with download

[MOD] Vsevolod Mission - 4 pro missions
Show post with download

[MP-MOD] Throwback - over 35 new missions
Official site (+download)
Pawlo
Soldier level 3
Soldier level 3

Post by Pawlo »

Because in that mission you aren't supposed to destroy russian base. I did that too few times and also always freezes (only units comes).
McBenn
ArCamp Developer

Post by McBenn »

Damit ppl, stop being so good at this game :P
Gravitr
Throwback Developer
Czech Republic

Post by Gravitr »

In 13a_cont, I've been attacking Am base, when american crane just appeared in the middle of conflict.
img.gif
(402.86 KiB) Not downloaded yet
[MOD] Arabian History - 9 missions
Show post with download

[MOD] Vsevolod Mission - 4 pro missions
Show post with download

[MP-MOD] Throwback - over 35 new missions
Official site (+download)