[EN] General bug reporting

Dział poświęcony projektowi Arabian Campaign

Moderator: ArCamp Developer

vanimpe
Soldier level 4
Soldier level 4

Re: [EN] General bug reporting

Post by vanimpe »

In the 3rd mission, the tree in the centre of lake hasn't got a texture. There is just a shadow.

In the mission 13th sniper's ammunition for sleep is displayed, but is unavailable.
McBenn
ArCamp Developer

Post by McBenn »

Fixed the sopo ammo icon.
The tree in the lake is nothing but a shadow because until you "discover" it which you couldn't because you had to go all close to it. So just removed it.
vanimpe
Soldier level 4
Soldier level 4

Post by vanimpe »

Is it possible to change grass color in the mission 1st_cont? It totally doesn't fit to the rest of campaign and doesn't fit to the trees and other flora, because all of them are green. I propose color like in mission 2th or 4th.

Good map change in missions - 4th and 5th. it really looks better - but, could you add in the mission 5th movie some grass on the hill, where New Nishapur is built? Only ground looks a little bit "empty".
Gravitr
Throwback Developer
Czech Republic

Post by Gravitr »

I don't agree with green color in 01_cont. Orange gives this map a great eye-candy. By the way, what do you mean by it doesn't fit to the rest of campaign? Grass color depends besides other things on Sun position.
[MOD] Arabian History - 9 missions
Show post with download

[MOD] Vsevolod Mission - 4 pro missions
Show post with download

[MP-MOD] Throwback - over 35 new missions
Official site (+download)
McBenn
ArCamp Developer

Post by McBenn »

I have to agree with Gravitr. I think the yellow/orange color is refreshingly different. But I've changed the colors of the trees slightly so they aren't so lush so they fit better with the dry kinda feeling the map colors give.

Added some grass to Ar05 intro.
vanimpe
Soldier level 4
Soldier level 4

Post by vanimpe »

In opposition, mission 14a needs some ground. In Barbarossa is only dense grass.
McBenn
ArCamp Developer

Post by McBenn »

Hm something wrong with that? I think it looks fine.
McBenn
ArCamp Developer

Post by McBenn »

Oh sorry, thought you meant Ar13a. Yes the initial cutscene in Ar14a looks a little odd with all that grass inside Camp Barbarossa (given the player actually builds the base on that hill ofc). Fixed that.
vanimpe
Soldier level 4
Soldier level 4

Post by vanimpe »

After latest changes, you should add in ar05's mission objectives, new secondary task - "Build a flamethrower".

In polish: "Skonstruuj pojazd wyposażony w miotacz ognia."

In medals if player fulfilled this task: "Miotacz ognia skonstruowany."
If not: "Miotacz ognia nie został skonstruowany."

Of course, player should spot this possibility to reach an award in dialogues, but it is not clear for the first time of playing.
McBenn
ArCamp Developer

Post by McBenn »

You, my sir, are fast :arwtf: I've sent the text to the appropriate translators but it usually takes some time for them to reply. Thanks for the Polish translation, though :) Just got the Czech from Enguzrad. They are committed and uploaded.
vanimpe
Soldier level 4
Soldier level 4

Post by vanimpe »

I don't know whether it is an important information, but in original rus campaign Gensher is introduced as Major, precisely in rus mission 8th.

Maybe it is a good idea to make him major only in the first mission, then he will be promoted. As in rus camp we do not know when Platonov was, so it is not necessary to explain why he is colonel. It is only one dialogue line.
McBenn
ArCamp Developer

Post by McBenn »

Good spotting skills. We can easily change his rank i Ar01 (the intro). Question is when he is promoted to colonel. Timeline-wise Ru08 is shortly before Ar10 so is he still major there or already promoted to colonel? I guess he should at least be colonel in Ar11 where Heike is also promoted. I think I would vote for him being colonel in Ar10.
vanimpe
Soldier level 4
Soldier level 4

Post by vanimpe »

1. It is good idea to make him colonel in Ar10. At the moment when he is calling Heike with question about traitors it should be underlined that he is colonel and you should add a special dialogue line where Heike is surprised and she complains to herself why this fool was promoted, of course in the mission 11th it also should be mentioned in the conversation with Omar. That is why Omar will promote her to colonel to make her satisfied that both are equal (in opposition to the am and rus campaign where main heroes are majors) --> what entails situation in which Gensher will decide to be under her control after ar14.

2. I had a rethink. Why in Ar1 the third group is not commanded by lieutenant/captain Robert Farmer? In later missions they are equal or like in Siberite mission - he is above her. It does not make sense that ordinary corporal is leading a squad, instead of another officer.

Or just change Robert Farmer to for instance Gordon Stavall or maybe, Raul Xavier?

The present dialogue line fits more to Gordon.
McBenn
ArCamp Developer

Post by McBenn »

1. Demoted Gensher to Major in Ar01 intro. The next time his rank is mentioned is in Ar09 - he is colonel then at this point. I'm not so sure about Heike complaining about him being promoted. Yes, he failed to help New Kaabul in time but that's the only grudge she can have against him and that really is more Abdul's fault than Gensher's.

2. You have a point there. Had to shift around some dialogues for Ortlieb to be mentioned anyway since he appears in Ar12.
Greeny
Soldier level 1
Soldier level 1

Post by Greeny »

I have one bug report too - download link is not working. Could you please reupload it?