[PL] Misje 1-7 | Błędy i sugestie ;)

Dział poświęcony projektowi Arabian Campaign

Moderator: ArCamp Developer

McBenn
ArCamp Developer

Re: [PL] Misje 1-7 | Błędy i sugestie ;)

Post by McBenn »

Crappy English is better than Polish to me :P

1. Antitheus, mission objectives "# MOutSabotage" and "# MAddSabotage" are missing in the Polish Txt09.wri.
// Yup, I'm before checking the files for ident's compatibly.

2. The correct answer to the question depends on from which direction the cargo bay enters the map. I've checked it, it should work fine.
$ushiWIR
Soldier level 5
Soldier level 5

Post by $ushiWIR »

OK, so it is possible that I'm doing something wrong :)

EDIT: Yet the case McBeen. In the first mission when I run down to get all the medals properly, but when I run to the right I have in two medal "Bad indetifer in Sail" as I showed earlier in the spoiler first mission :) this is also something about the code?
Image | Image
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
McBenn
ArCamp Developer

Post by McBenn »

The medal with bad text is our fault. Antitheus, medal identifier "* SouthSide " doesn't have the correct content (2 +, not 1 + and 1 -). And "| HeikeDead" is called "| Heike" in Polish Txt01.wri.
I'm considering if it would be worthwhile to write a program to run through the ".wri"s and check if all identifiers are represented. What do you say Anti?
Antitheus
Kung Führer
Kung Führer
Korea North

Post by Antitheus »

McBenn, this program would be like a heaven for OW translators. I was going to prepare an Excel macro tool, but I think something like Egg translator would be much better.
McBenn
ArCamp Developer

Post by McBenn »

Ok that's like an editor in itself where you can see both the original and the translated/to-be-translated document. Fancy stuff. I was just thinking of a simple program that ran through the original and translated documents and showed all missing identifiers in the translated document.
But let's hear the voice of the worker. What would you like the program to be capable of? In moderate detail.
Antitheus
Kung Führer
Kung Führer
Korea North

Post by Antitheus »

If I may ask you for simple program, which is listing missing Idents, It would help me a lot.
McBenn
ArCamp Developer

Post by McBenn »

I can do that :) But I may not start working on it until I've finished my last exam (tuesday next week).
McBenn
ArCamp Developer

Post by McBenn »

The translator utility program goes here: http://forum.stucuk.net/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2563 .
I'll get working on all the bugs you've found.
vanimpe
Soldier level 4
Soldier level 4

Post by vanimpe »

I think that in the first mission should be changed a soldier who shouted that we are being attacked to Edward Winston, known from the first am mission.

In the first am camp mission there is a commander that is saying names of heroes which are going to EON. He isn't used in later missions of USA camp because he is still in the future. I think that he should be still a commander of this base. I think about EDWARD WINSTON. I attached a third screen with him.

What's about Steven Lister, Leif Swansson, Oskar Butler and Hans Gluckmann from the first arab mission? I think that anyway one of them should be used in normal missions or just pro-arab 12-15 missions. It is the same situation like this with Lucy Donaldson, Jeremy Sikorski, Gary Grant and Joan Fergusson from the first am mission. I know that Farmer was used, but i think that especially Leif Swansson and Steven Lister should be in camp - both are very characteristic.

One of them, maybe Leif Swansson should be added for example to Bodenhoff squad (second screen) in their rescue mission. I add a screen in which I think that is a good guy for Leif Swansson. This guy is always random.

Steven Lister should be added to Heike first squad from 2nd mission with Oskar, Sonya and Ralph. It will make Heike's first squad more funny and characteristic (sth like JMM, Lisa Lawson, Cyrus Parker, Bobby Brandon and Paul Khattam.)

He could in later mission choose Arab because he is lazy person and don't know anything. 5th guy is always random, what is bad in my opinion.(first screen)

And I think that Hans Gluckmann should be used later in 12-15 pro arab missions. But I think that his face should be changed, because is not characteristic.

More characteristic persons will make this camp more like original camps. Average players like characteristic heroes, more like random ones. I think that in this camp are less characteristic heroes/main character friends than in Am and Rus camp. Interesting people always create a good plot. It makes player interested in their lifes and abilities.

EDIT:

I have next idea for a person from the original camp. In the mission 10 am Gensher is talking with a random scientist and he says that he will told Hajji sth about Paul Khattam. Maybe you can use HAJJI in pro arab missions 12-15 as a Gensher's very trusted person. We do not know anything about this person so he could be everybody.

My proposition is to use Hajji as the best arabian siberite scientist from EPSILON base and he should be used as Bystrov in Rus camp and tell us about using artifacts and siberite contamination technology.

Listen at 0:45 on this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXef8aZzg4I
Attachments
dd.jpg
dd.jpg (148.17 KiB) Viewed 4329 times
forleif.jpg
forleif.jpg (249.77 KiB) Viewed 4329 times
edward.jpg
edward.jpg (174.52 KiB) Viewed 4335 times
vanimpe
Soldier level 4
Soldier level 4

Post by vanimpe »

I think that Tim Gladstone (he is in the laboratory) on the mission 2th should says it:

D5Am1
- Don’t hide behind the trees, you bastards - put up a fight! You can do nothing but kill unarmed...

There is an important person on the map from the am side but no one will know about him 'cos he does not have a dialogue line. This line fits to him very well.

EDIT:

There is a strange thing too. I do not understand, why Corporal Ortlieb is a commander of a group in the first mission. Corporal? Really? Corporal is really low rank in the army. I think that he should be changed to Captain Farmer (He should have higher military rank than Heike), because in later missions Farmer is more privileged than Heike and a little bit less important than Omar Ali hero in Arab side (for example mission 5 and 7, all of the Legion missions).

$ VelNow
- Lt. Steyer, take the right. Sheik Abdul, stay with us. Corporal Ortlieb, secure the left flank. Main squad, we'll go through the center.
McBenn
ArCamp Developer

Post by McBenn »

* Edward Winston
Good idea. Will fix in near future.

* Steven Lister, Leif Swansson, Oskar Butler and Hans Gluckmann
Also fine idea. Will fix in near future.

* Hajji
I'll keep him in mind.

* Tim Gladstone
I don't think that dialogue fits him but you're right. He almost ought to say something so the player knows he's there. I'll conjure something up in near future.

* Corporal Ortlieb
Phh well I don't know much about military ranks but iirc corporal is the lowest commanding rank so he can lead a group.
vanimpe
Soldier level 4
Soldier level 4

Post by vanimpe »

Hmm, next proposition:

In mission 3 we have random soldier who tells Heike about her mission objectives. Maybe, he should be change to Pavel Grigorovic from mission 11 am (he died, Lucy Sebel poisoned him)?

This soldier is not under Heike's control, he is showed us one time. He just tells her about her task. And in mission 3_cont he goes away from a map.

I attached a screen.
Attachments
next.jpg
next.jpg (80.7 KiB) Viewed 4255 times
Antitheus
Kung Führer
Kung Führer
Korea North

Post by Antitheus »

Imho, we should not exaggerate with well known faces from original campaigns. In some point you'll feel that, Arabian forces are nothing more than few men. New faces mean larger expedition group.
McBenn
ArCamp Developer

Post by McBenn »

Antitheus wrote:Imho, we should not exaggerate with well known faces from original campaigns. In some point you'll feel that, Arabian forces are nothing more than few men. New faces mean larger expedition group.
+1 for you. I also feel we are beginning to reach the saturation point.
Antitheus
Kung Führer
Kung Führer
Korea North

Post by Antitheus »

• I think, that something should be done with "taking over the base" part in 3rd mission. It's kinda annoying when you send your engineer by the "back way" and fire into the depot and see all Americans fleeing.
    They could act as they're trying to defend it someway - e.g. sending the troops from their fortifications and trying to flee after they're wounded.
  • I don't have Ar_01 dialogues removed (maybe it's overwriting's issue),but also I can't hear any voice "exclamations". I don't know if they was removed by the purpose, but in my opinion it's quite a discomfort (My OW is playing tricks again).
Ok, now I need to force my way into Ar_15 and see it at last :)

Edit:
  • In 8th mission, in my opinion, Russian apemen's and cargo bay's AI are a bit unnatural - they're acting as they have some "crate sensor" - they'll go back to their base as soon as a crate pile is destroyed. I think script similar to the one from Am_14 would be more pleasing to the eye (crates spawned -> cargo bay on it's way -> [crates present] -> collect / [cargo bay see no crates on the spawn point] -> return to it's base).