Dział poświęcony projektowi Arabian Campaign

Moderator: ArCamp Developer

Antitheus
Kung Führer
Kung Führer
Korea North

[EN] 15th Legion mission

Post by Antitheus »

The issue of 15th Legion mission's aspects is important, so I've decided to create a separate topic.
McBenn wrote: All right, here goes my compilation of suggestions and my own ideas for mission 15a into an overall plan.
Spoiler: EN
The mission starts at Camp Barbarossa. Legion is trying to recover after Farmer's betrayal. The base is being repaired/fortified, vehicles are being built and Legion personnel is returning after having been scattered by the event. Among those returning are all main characters (that didn't hide in the forest next to Camp Barbarossa in mission 14a). Some of them have spend their time wisely as they have scouted around the siberite motherlode. They inform Heike what is going on and Heike decides to rush to the motherlode immediately. The number of people you can take with you and the amount of starting resources depends on how damaged Camp Barbarossa was in mission 14a.
If you captured Kozlov in mission 14a but didn't convince him to join you he has committed suicide.

The map for the next part of the mission will roughly be the same as the one Antitheus proposed here. The Russians are sitting on the motherlode to the north, the Americans have a base to the south and Alliance theirs in between. The Arabians are somewhere to the southeast and the only real option the player has for building a base is to the east. There's no hill but a strange circle with small hills on the periphery (like in Ru15). There's oil but no siberite source so the player must build a mine on the part of the motherlode outside the Russian base to get siberite.
The Russians are very defensive because they know they can't be bombed because they are sitting on the motherlode. The Russians are lead by Platonov.
The Americans are furiously attacking Alliance so they can get through to the Russians. They could also beat the Arabians and get past that way but there's a narrow pass over a river which are easily defended even by the relatively weak Arabian defences. Furthermore the Americans are mad at the traitors having joined Alliance. Good old Powell is the commander.
Alliance have possession of all artefacts: Burlak provided the Russian one; Alliance stole the Arabian one (which was captured by the player in mission 10) (freeing Gossudarov at the same time) by attacking New Kaaba, killing Abdul in the process so Omar now is head of the Arabians; [I don't remember where the third artefact comes from...]. Also in their base they have the big alien building like in the American/Alliance last mission. Alliance is desperately trying to reconcile all parties but it's completely hopeless. In time, if the player doesn't intervene, the Americans will crush Alliance and start attacking the Russians. The Alliance is lead by Roth and Gossudarov (if the latter wasn't killed in mission 10). I'm considering of Burlak and JMM should both be dead at this point.
The Arabians are also a little late so they haven't really played a role yet but soon after the player's arrival they regularly send out scientists to try and contaminate the motherlode. If the player doesn't stop them they will succeed. The player's base will have to be moved a few paces to the east for this to be challenging. This will result in the map not entirely conforming to Ru15. As mentioned Omar commands the Arabians.

When the player arrives a scout briefly informs Heike of the situation. Also shortly hereafter there's a radio dialogue between all parties where their separate intends are confirmed. Heike learns about Abdul's death through a direct dialogue with Omar.

If the player has Kozlov on his/her side the Russians are willing to strike a deal: Hand over Kozlov and we will not hurt you. If the player does so the Russians will not attack the player unless he/she builds a siberite mine on the motherlode. If not the Russians will regularly attack the player. If the player doesn't have Kozlov the Russians will still attack but with weaker forces.
All other negotiation with the Russians is futile.
At some point the Russians will develop behemoths. They cannot exit the base so they are built just outside it.
When the Russians have developed the siberite bomb they bomb the player first if he/she has Kozlov. Else the Americans first and then Legion.

The Americans initially resent Legion because of what they did in mission 13a. But if the player hands over Kozlov to them (if present) and destroys Alliance or the Arabians and let the Americans through to the Russians they become more friendly. Combining attacks with the Americans the player may be able to crush the Russians despite their heavy defences. When the Russians are defeated the Americans immediately turn against you.
When the Americans build the siberite bomb (which they will do faster if some scientists escaped in mission 13a) they bomb the player first if he/she has Kozlov. Else Alliance if they player allied with them. Else (after some time) they bomb the Russians out of desperation causing the player to lose.
A minor twist is that if Rolf wasn't killed in mission 12a or 13a he has now joined the Americans giving them mortars.

The Alliance is generally easier to talk to not just because they want to make peace through non-violent methods but because they are militarily weak and the Americans keep pounding them. They do have some conditions, though, one of them being that you will not research or build the siberite bomb (only possible if you have Kozlov). If you do anyway they will immediately break with you (they have the vision artefact to they can see what you're doing). Another condition could be giving them a certain amount of siberite but I'm not sure about this.
If the player makes friends with them he/she has to protect them against the Americans. After some time this gets even tougher because the Americans ally with the Arabians so both are attacking Alliance (or the player). This alliance is possible because both the Arabians and the Americans essentially want to get through to the motherlode. Of course the Americans are not too happy about the Arabians getting too near the motherlode but they are getting desperate.
The Alliance has a master plan where they need the player's military power. First they have to get rid of the Americans. Then it's the Russians's turn.
The Americans are solely using siberite power so to beat them the Alliance will blow all their siberite power plants and siberite vehicles just before the player attacks leaving their base virtually defenceless. This requires a considerable amount of siberite, though. They have a siberite mine themselves but in order to make it in time before the Americans or the Russians develop the siberite bomb the player has to supply siberite as well which in turn is not so simple because the player doesn't have a siberite source in his/her base. One possibility is to build a mine on the motherlode upsetting the Russians. Another is defeating the Arabians claiming their siberite mines.
To defeat the Russians Alliance will teleport a bunch of the player's units directly into the Russian base using the alien building and corresponding artefact (the blow-up-power-trick doesn't work with the Russians because they also have oil power). This again takes a load of siberite but that's easier to get now that the Americans's siberite mines are available. When the Russians are defeated the player betrays the Alliance and refuses to step down from the motherlode. This of course infuriates the Alliance but there is generally nothing they can do as they don't really have any military strength.
If the player doesn't ally with the Alliance they harass from time to from by blowing up siberite related stuff like power plants and vehicles. They do always, however, blow up siberite bombs. Maybe they even teleport units randomly around the map like teleporting the American units attacking them just outside the player's base.
If the player destroys the Alliance he/she can take the artefacts and start researching them himself/herself, essentially giving the same options as working together with the Alliance (except they have already done all the research).

Negotiations with the Arabians are futile.
At some point some of your old friends who stayed true to the Arabians ask if they can join you. If you accept them they will work for you but only for a short while because briefly thereafter the Arabians make an all-in attack (this will probably be when or just before the Americans or the Russians develop the siberite bomb). You're "friends" then blow bombs inside your base, kind of like what the Freelancers may do in mission 13a. Furthermore if Gensher wasn't killed in mission 13a UPF folks will attack from the north. As is implied the purpose is not to get past Legion but to destroy them and then contaminate the motherlode.

The player is free not to ally with anyone and just develop the siberite bomb himself/herself (as mentioned before this is only possible if you have Kozlov). If you do the Americans and Russians will hesitate to bomb you - for a while. The player can of course fire the bomb but Heike isn't too happy about it (worried about the long-term consequences, radiation and the like).

Medals:
- No loses
- Didn't fire the siberite bomb (if built it)
- ???

Mission name:
Showdown
Spoiler: PL
Misja rozpoczyna się Placówce Barbarossa. Legion liże rany po zdradzie Farmera. Baza jest naprawiana/umacniana, budowane są nowe pojazdy, a do bazy powraca, rozproszony po tym przykrym wydarzeniu, personel. Wśród nich znajdują się również główni bohaterowie, których nie spotkaliśmy w lesie w misji 14. Część z nich wykorzystała swój czas mądrze i zdołała przeprowadzić zwiad w pobliżu głównego złoża. Informują Heike o sytuacji, a ta podejmuje decyzję o natychmiastowym działaniu. Liczba ludzi oraz ilość surowców, których możesz zabrać ze sobą jest zależna od zniszczeń, jakich doznała baza w poprzedniej misji.

Jeśli zdołałeś pochwycić Kozłova w poprzedniej misji, lecz nie zdołałeś go do siebie przekonać - popełnia samobójstwo.

Mapa kolejnego etapu misji będzie podobna do tej, zaproponowanej przez Antitheusa. Rosjanie okupują główne złoże na północy, Amerykanie na południu, a w centrum mapy znajduje się baza Przymierza. Arabowie zajmują tereny na południowym wschodzie, a jedyną opcją gracza na wybudowanie bazy są tereny na wschodzie. Nie jest to wzniesienie, lecz płaski teren otoczony dziwnymi wzniesieniami (jak w Ru15). Gracz znajdzie tam ropę, lecz aby zdobyć Syberyt będzie musiał wybudować kopalnię na części głównego złoża, które znajduje się poza rosyjską bazą.

Rosjanie znajdują się w defensywie, gdyż wiedzą, że nie można zrzucić na nich bomby. Dowodzi nimi Płatonov.

Amerykanie jak oszalali atakują bazę Przymierza, gdyż jest to jeden z możliwych dla nich sposobów by dostać się do Rosyjskiej bazy. Drugą opcją jest pokonanie przez nich Arabów, lecz pokonać muszą przeprawę rzeczną, którą dosyć łatwo Arabowie mogą obronić. Co więcej, Amerykanie są wkurzeni na zdrajców, którzy dołączyli do Przymierza. Dowodzi nimi stary, dobry Powell.

Przymierze jest w posiadaniu wszystkich artefaktów. Burlak zapewnił Artefakt rosyjski, Przymierze wykradło Arabski z Nowej Kaaby, który zdobyliśmy w misji 10 (tym samym uwolnili Gossudarova). [Nie pamiętam skąd pochodzi trzeci artefakt - 1 from Ovsienko, 1 from Ru10, 1 from Arabian base in Am11. W dodatku, w ich bazie znajduje się potężny budynek obcych (jak w oryginalnej kampanii Am/Ally). Przymierze stara się bezskutecznie pogodzić wszystkie strony. Podczas rozgrywki, jeśli gracz nie zainterweniuje, Amerykanie zdołają zmieść bazę przymierza z powierzchni ziemi i rozpoczną atak na bazę Rosjan. Przymierzem kieruje Roth i Gossudarov (jeśli nie został zabity w misji 10). Myślę, że w tym momencie JMM i Burlak powinni nie żyć.

Arabowie również przybyli trochę za późno, stąd też nie zdołali jeszcze nic wskórać. Na krótko po przybyciu gracza zaczynają wysyłać regularnie naukowców, którzy będą próbowali skazić główne złoże (powiedzie im się, jeśli gracz nie zainterweniuje). Baza gracza zostanie przesunięta lekko na wschód, by zatrzymanie Arabskich naukowców było jakimś wyzwaniem (mapa nie będzie się do końca pokrywała z Ru15. Arabami dowodzi Omar.

Po przybyciu na miejsce, zwiadowcy zdają raport o sytuacji. Nieco później usłyszymy dialog między każdą ze stron, który potwierdza kolidujące ze sobą interesy każdej z nich. Heike dowiaduje się o śmierci Abdula dzięki bezpośredniej rozmowie z Omarem.

Jeśli w oddziale gracza znajduje się Kozłov, Rosjanie zapragną dobić z nami targu - wydajcie go a nie stanie się wam krzywda. Jeśli gracz tak właśnie uczyni, Rosjanie nie zaatakują dopóki nie postawi kopalni Syberytu na głównym złożu. W przeciwnym wypadku Rosjanie będą regularnie atakować gracza. Jeśli Kozłov nie dotrwał do tej misji, Rosjanie również zaatakują, lecz słabszymi siłami.

Wszelkie inne negocjacje z Ruskimi są daremne.

Po jakimś czasie Rosjanie zdołają opracować Behemoty. Nie mogą opuścić bazy (wzniesienia), dlatego też budowane będą poza nią.

Jeśli zdołają opracować bombę syberytową - zrzucają ją na gracza, jeśli ten posiada w szeregach Kozlova. W przeciwnym wypadku - najpierw na Amerykanów, później na Legion.

W związku z działaniami Legionu w misji 13a, Amerykanie od razu go dyskredytują. W przypadku wydania im Kozłova oraz zniszczeniu Przymierza lub Arabów i przepuszczeniu Amerykanów przez ich terytorium, stają się nieco bardziej przyjaźnie nastawieni. W połączeniu z amerykańskimi siłami, gracz może być w stanie przełamać silną obronę Rosjan. Po ich pokonaniu, Amerykanie natychmiast zwracają się przeciwko nam.

Po wybudowaniu przez Amerykanów bomby syberytowej (zrobią to szybciej, jeśli przeżył któryś z naukowców w misji 13a), zrzucają ją na gracza, jeśli ten w swoich szeregach posiada Kozlova. W przeciwnym wypadku na Przymierze - jeśli gracz zdołał się z nimi zeswatać. Później, w akcie desperacji, zrzucają bombę na Rosjan, kończąc tym samym naszą grę.

Pomniejszym zwrotem akcji jest dołączenie do Amerykanów Rolfa. Jeśli przeżył w misji 12 i 13, dołącza do Amerykanów, dając im dostęp do moździerzy.

Z Przymierzem łatwiej jest dyskutować. Zamierzają zakończyć ten konflikt bez użycia przemocy, lecz w związku z ich nikłymi możliwościami militarnymi, dają się gnębić Amerykanom. Jednakże, mają swoje warunki. Jeden z nich dotyczy naszych prac nad bombą syberytową (jeśli do dyspozycji mamy Kozłova). Jeśli go złamiemy, automatycznie zerwą z nami wszelkie stosunki (wiedzą, co robimy za pomocą artefaktu). Innym warunkiem będzie oddanie im pewniej ilości Syberytu, lecz nie jestem co do tego pewien.

Jeśli gracz zechce się z nimi sprzymierzyć, będzie musiał ich bronić przeciwko Amerykanom. Z biegiem czasu staje się to coraz trudniejsze, gdyż Amerykanie sprzymierzają się z Arabami i obie te strony atakują Przymierze (lub gracza). Jest to możliwe, gdyż obie te strony pragną przedrzeć się do głównego złoża. Rzecz jasna, Amerykanie nie są zbyt szczęśliwi z faktu dopuszczenia do niego Arabów, lecz są mocno zdesperowani.

Przymierze ma swój własny plan operacyjny, do realizacji którego potrzebują siły militarnej gracza. Najpierw musimy pozbyć się Amerykanów, później przyjdzie kolej na Rosjan.

Amerykanie wykorzystują energię Syberytową, stąd Przymierze zamierza wysadzić ich elektrownie oraz pojazdy tuż przed atakiem gracza. Jednakże, wymaga to pewnej ilości Syberytu. Posiadają własną kopalnię , lecz by zdążyć na czas (przed wyprodukowaniem przez Ru lub Am bomby syberytowej), pomóc im musi gracz. Nie jest to takie łatwe, gdyż gracz nie posiada własnego złoża Syberytu w bazie. Jedną z dróg jest budowa kopalni na głównym złożu, wkurzając tym samym Rosjan, a inną - pokonanie Arabów, którzy mają własne złoża.

Aby pokonać Rosjan, Przymierze przeniesie nasze oddziały do serca ich bazy. Motyw z wysadzeniem zasilania nie zadziała, gdyż Ruscy wykorzystują również energię spalinową.
Działanie to wymagało będzie również sporej ilości Syberytu, lecz tym razem do dyspozycji dostaniemy kopalnie Amerykanów. Po pokonaniu Rosjan gracz zdradza Przymierze i odmawia wycofania swoich oddziałów z terenów głównego złoża. Rzecz jasna, wkurza to mocno Przymierze, lecz mogą niewiele nam zrobić (nie dysponują dogodną siłą militarną).

Jeśli gracz postanowi się z nimi nie sprzymierzać, od czasu do czasu wysadzać będą związane z technologią syberytową budynki - np elektrownie i pojazdy. Zawsze wysadzali będą bomby syberytowe. Być może zdołają teleportować losowo oddziały wroga - np atakujące ich siły amerykańskie przed bazę gracza.

Jeśli gracz zdoła pokonać Przymierze, będzie mógł zabrać ich artefakty i rozpocząć własne prace naukowe, zyskując podobne opcje, jak w przypadku Przymierza (z tym wyjątkiem, że Przymierze posiada już te badania).

Negocjacje z Arabami są daremne.

W pewnym momencie część Twoich przyjaciół, która postanowiła zostać z Arabami, chce dołączyć do oddziałów gracza. Będą dla niego pracować tylko przez krótki czas, gdyż niedługo po tym wydarzeniu Arabowie przypuszczą zmasowany atak (po wybudowaniu bomby przez Aberykanów/Rosjan, lub na chwilę przed tym wydarzeniem). Twoi "przyjaciele" wysadzą bomby ukryte w Twojej bazie (coś na miarę tego, co oddziały Gordona mogą uczynić w misji 13). Co więcej, jeśli nie udało Ci się zabić Genshera w misji 13, zaatakuje on z północy. Ich celem nie jest przedarcie się przez Twoje umocnienia, lecz zniszczenie Legionu, a następnie skażenie złoża.

Gracz może nie sprzymierzać się z żadną ze stron i zwyczajnie opracować bombę syberytową (tylko, gdy mamy Kozłova). Jeśli mu się to uda, Amerykanie oraz Rosjanie będą robili wszystko, by zrzucić na nas bombę. Gracz może spróbować użyć bomby, lecz Heike nie będzie z tego powodu szczęśliwa (zaniepokojona długoterminowymi konsekwencjami (skażenie, promieniowanie i takie tam).

Medale:
- Brak strat własnych
- Nie użyto bomby syberytowej (jeśli została zbudowana).
- ???

Nazwa misji:
- Odkryte karty (poker) - ew. showdown; ew. ostateczna rozgrywka - trzeba przemyśleć.
Feel free to post your ideas.
The other part of discussion: http://forum.original-war.net/viewtopic ... 1&start=60

Poprawne gramatycznie wypowiedzi w języku polskim, będą tłumaczone na angielski.
Antitheus
Kung Führer
Kung Führer
Korea North

Re: 15th Legion mission

Post by Antitheus »

And to sum up my ideas from the other topic:
  • Don't let the sides nuke themselves (I'm talking about Russians bombing Americans. except of Alliance - they're damn helpful for the player). It's making the game much more easier. The player should destroy Americans himself - and they should surrender to him to guarantee their withdrawal from the conflict.
Also:
- Is the idea of teleporting player forces straight to the Russian base right? They're using time lapsers etc, so the player forces would be crushed in a no-time (like after using Russian teleport device in Ar14a).
- Maybe after defeating the Arabians, some of them would join you?
McBenn
ArCamp Developer

Post by McBenn »

Antitheus wrote:Is the idea of teleporting player forces straight to the Russian base right? They're using time lapsers etc, so the player forces would be crushed in a no-time (like after using Russian teleport device in Ar14a).
I'm imagining the Russians have placed all their power plants in an unprotected corner of their base. That's where the player's units will be teleported to. Destroying their power plants does not disable tau fields (for unknown reasons) but all other defences are useless.
Serpent
Soldier level 10
Soldier level 10
Estonia

Post by Serpent »

This will result in the map not entirely conforming to Ru15.
I can prepare map for this mission but i need more details. :)
Epickie teksty:
Marek1906: jak zrobic aby sail był zielony?
Kvantovy: Wszystko normalne, wszystko w koło było dziwne
Kvantovy:: To jest fajne, że to nie jest takie głupie
Kvantovy:: remove sos from kanapeczka
Kvantovy:: zdarzają się rzezy które sie filozofom nie śniły
Cenwen: problemem jest gejostwo
"Taki z niego fizyk jak ze mnie baletnica" - Profesor Scholtze o Kvantovym.
JAKBYŁ BYM CZECHEM TO BYM ROZŁOŻYŁ NAMIOT ~Kvanciak
McBenn
ArCamp Developer

Re: [EN] 15th Legion mission

Post by McBenn »

No offence but I prefer to create the map myself. That way I'm sure it meets exactly the criteria I need when coding the mission.
McBenn
ArCamp Developer

Post by McBenn »

If there are no more objections I think I'll get started on this mission. Changes are ofc still welcome.
Antitheus
Kung Führer
Kung Führer
Korea North

Post by Antitheus »

I'm looking forward to see it.

I posted a info on FB some time ago. Almost 40 new downloads of ArCamp.ini (it's quite good indicator), but I should figure out how to make ppl posting their feedback.
jarmok
Soldier level 1
Soldier level 1

Post by jarmok »

My thougths about this:
Spoiler:
"I'm considering of Burlak and JMM should both be dead at this point."
There should be some tension and there would be none. Lets save killing those 2 for main campaign (Yes Arab part is main and in original campaigns you also kill one of them in main campaign). And what about Joan? She was shown leaving Epsilon, that obviously meant you plan to use her in later mission. Also Vsevolod, but he is not mentioned before, so not sure there. But in earlier mission it was obvious that Frank Forsyth stole your stuff it would be interesting if he returned it :) Maybe if Alliance send them to set up something in your base (teleport? lab?).
McBenn
ArCamp Developer

Post by McBenn »

*"Lets save killing those 2 for main campaign"
Exactly my thought, hence why I don't think they should be present here in Ar15a.

Regarding Joan, Vsevolod and Forsyth. Haven't thought about those. Joan and perhaps Forsyth we can give some dialogues but I'm not sure about Vsevolod.