Dział poświęcony projektowi Arabian Campaign

Moderator: ArCamp Developer

egow
Soldier level 0
Soldier level 0

Re: Solucja [PL]

Post by egow »

Ar 15

1. If I deploy a base and then abandon it (while capturing Alliance base) Russians went to my old base, destroyed everything and then standed there with tanks. Next attacks also seemed to be delayed/blocked by this. The same thing happened in Ar14 when I abandoned my base and moved onto captured Farmer's base. I know that this game has no AI - may be hard, but scripts should have some 'search next player base' part.

2. They roll the bomb unprotected like idiots :) you can leave it as it is if you want to give player an opening though.
And btw, Russians can hit Alliance base from own base, without rolling out :)

3. True, but if you are the last man standing , you have nothing to fight for anymore. I spent some time just searching for last Arabian soldier sitting in some turret... :P System in original missions seemed more "natural" - you launched Rocket at Americans, killed Powell/MacMillan - new commander says they had enough - and last 2-3 soldiers just abandon the base.

Also, if you want to make mission harder/more tactic you should increase the size of Motherlode for the purpose of chain-reaction - to prevent nasty cheaters like me from hitting it with blast wave.

And questions - how do they decide where to drop the s-bomb? Is it Heike location, some base detecting? I had 2 bases, but couldn't get the pattern of the rockets.
How do you disarm mine field around arabian base?
McBenn
ArCamp Developer

Post by McBenn »

It's been long since I write the AI logic but at least the Russian attacks in Ar15 should not be blocked/delayed by them eliminating your empty base. They should carry on and hit the Arabians and then return home.
I know in both Ar14 and Ar15 the AI takes multiple player base possibilities in consideration. The hard part is predicting all possible outcomes because you can't just blindly send an attack forth. You have to map out an attack angle and path. I'll take a look at it.

Maybe I should revise the code a bit. Hm but I don't think the Russians ever hit Alliance with a bomb.

True that. Seems fair enough. We can do that.

Hit it with blast wave? Anyway increasing the motherlode size is almost out of the question since that part of the map is pieced together from Ru15 and Am15.

They should send the bomb to the depot with the most buildings connected to it. It seems reasonable to assume that that would be the main base.

What do you mean disarm? The mines are active as long as the Arabians are not defeated.
0dd1
ArCamp Developer

Post by 0dd1 »

Misja 7:
Trzeba zaznaczyć, że atak w tej misji różni się od innych. O ile w innych misjach skupiasz się na odparciu konkretnej liczby wrogich jednostek, tak w Ar07 musisz wytrzymać konkretną ilość czasu pod ostrzałem. Mała, ale ważna różnica, bo to sprawia że ciągłe naprawy umocnień są tutaj bardziej istotne niż zwykle. Z odpowiednim zespołem inżynierów za wieżyczkami (pojazdy też można wykorzystać, ale je także trzeba móc szybko naprawiać), można dać sobie spokojnie radę z drugim atakiem.

Misja 8:
Osobiście wolałem wyciąć drogę przez las na południe minami i po prostu zbierać skrzynie komorą. Wtedy mogłem sobie pozwolić na budowę jak najtańszych poduszkowców, i odpierać nimi ataki żołnierzy - 2 albo 3 poduszkowce wysłane prosto w grupę ludzi jako kamikadze (znaczy przez samozniszczenie) w większości przypadków załatwi sprawę (nawet na trudnym poziomie). :arsuicide:
Minus jest taki że przygotowanie wszystkiego zajmie trochę czasu, więc pierwszych parę ataków trzeba odeprzeć na piechotę.
A na marszałka można zostawić w rogu 2-3 małpy kamikadze, i nie trzeba będzie wysyłać ludzi żeby go zabić.

Misja 15:
Oddanie Kozłowa ruskim sprawią że Rosjanie nie będą przez jakiś czas atakować. Sam też tego nigdy nie próbowałem ale to może być przydatne.

Powell zapłaci cenę jakiej zażądasz (z tych trzech dostępnych, nie można być zbyt pazernym) po zniszczeniu Przymierza, ale tylko jeśli osobiście zniszczysz im 3-5 (zależnie od poziomu trudności) ludzi i tyle samo budynków. Po wszystkim Amerykanie będą neutralni co jest kolejnym bonusem, bo można razem z nimi atakować Rosjan od południa.

Da się w tej misji sprzymierzyć z Przymierzem, trzeba tylko nie układać się z innymi i zaczekać na zaproszenie. Osobiście uważam to za najciekawszy wariant.

A Arabów można w miarę wygodnie zniszczyć manualnymi rakietami. Miny są ustawione tylko przy wejściu, więc można bezpiecznie podejść do ich bazy po lewej stronie, tam gdzie są koszary. Trzeba tylko być w ciągłym ruchu, żeby nie dać się trafić moździerzom, i atakować kilka celów jednocześnie, aby utrudnić im naprawianie budynków. Wybijanie ludzi jest trudniejsze przez ich stymulanty i może trochę potrwać, ale ostatecznie pokonanie ich nie jest aż takie trudne.

Można też zraszować ich ludźmi na samym początku: 3-4 medyków + reszta moździerzy na stymulantach i drugim bio rozwinięciu. Wysyłasz ich w dół tuż przy prawej krawędzi mapy, parę razy trzeba się będzie wycofać żeby podleczyć ludzi jak ktoś wdepnie na minę, ale jak już zbliżysz się do ich umocnień to padną raz-dwa. Trzeba sporo szczęścia i ostrożności żeby nikogo przy tym nie stracić, ale da się tak nawet na hardzie. Potem można się urządzić w bazie Arabów, i to jest jeszcze lepsza miejscówka od bazy Przymierza. :arrazz:

Ostatni medal też zawsze dostajesz:
* Special
+ Główne złoże szybko zdobyte
+ Wszystkie technologie artefaktów zbadane
+ Taktyczna dyplomacja
+ Dobra robota, Heike

McBenn wrote: It's been long since I write the AI logic but at least the Russian attacks in Ar15 should not be blocked/delayed by them eliminating your empty base. They should carry on and hit the Arabians and then return home.
As I recall the Russian attack worked exactly that way in case where I took and moved into the Arabian base.
McBenn wrote: Hit it with blast wave? Anyway increasing the motherlode size is almost out of the question since that part of the map is pieced together from Ru15 and Am15.
I think he means increasing the range of chain reaction loosing condition, not the actual
motherlode. Apparently it should be possible to fire the bomb at just outside Russian base, close enough to damage their defences but not to trigger loosing.
McBenn wrote: What do you mean disarm? The mines are active as long as the Arabians are not defeated.
The only way of disarming a mine I know, is to have someone take one for the team. :twisted:
At this point all the people have so many skills, that combined with stims and bio upgrades, most of them can easily survive a mine blast. It's actually possible to "disarm" that way the mines blocking the back doors into bases in Ar14a, but it's a little dangerous, because for some reason, some mines can do a lot more damage than others, (like if there were two on one hex or something) hence killing your "sapper" before you have a chance to heal him.
I was thinking, maybe you would consider making some small, slow respawn of apes on that map, so that in later parts of the mission, when the defences build up and it starts to get impossible to break through, you could safely clear yourself another way in. :P
Do it!
McBenn
ArCamp Developer

Post by McBenn »

0dd1 wrote:I think he means increasing the range of chain reaction loosing condition, not the actual motherlode. Apparently it should be possible to fire the bomb at just outside Russian base, close enough to damage their defences but not to trigger loosing.
Oho, I see. We can fix that.
I was thinking, maybe you would consider making some small, slow respawn of apes on that map, so that in later parts of the mission, when the defences build up and it starts to get impossible to break through, you could safely clear yourself another way in.
Hm yeah, seems fair enough.
egow
Soldier level 0
Soldier level 0

Post by egow »

Maybe I should revise the code a bit. Hm but I don't think the Russians ever hit Alliance with a bomb.
I mean, I captured Alliance base. Still Russians exit own base, move rocket to the middle of map to hit the Alliance base. Maybe they should to give player a chance, but make them protect it a little.
Apparently it should be possible to fire the bomb at just outside Russian base, close enough to damage their defences but not to trigger loosing.
And it is possible. Shitload of resources, but you can land 3 bombs next to their base to take out the defences. 1 is enough to keep them busy and possible kill some people.
The only way of disarming a mine I know, is to have someone take one for the team. :twisted:
[/quote] I tried the sapper way, but always I encounter a tile that explodes x2 and kills sapper. I asked about disarming cause I wondered if its possible to defeat Arabs with infantry rush and take their base.

Dzięki za ciekawe info co do misji 15, nie miałem pojęcia o opcji sojuszu z Przymierzem.
Od Amerykanów nic nie dostałem prawdopodobnie dlatego, że zaraz po zniszczeniu składu Przymierza obroniłem resztę budynków przed ich atakiem.
Można oddać Kozlova za nieagresję - ale to uniemożliwia budowę rakiety syberytowej :(