Original war sequel

To, co nie pasuje do pozostałych kategorii, ma swoje miejsce tutaj.
Neklan
Soldier level 0
Soldier level 0

Original war sequel

Post by Neklan »

I am interested, how many people would play RTS with similar principles like Original War, with something added from games like Stronghold or Jagged Alliance. I am also interested, if these people would support this project on community financing. Because if answers on these questions will be positive, than i have very good news for all fans of Original War :-)
koniczyn5
Soldier level 0
Soldier level 0

Re: Original war sequel

Post by koniczyn5 »

You're asking how many people from that forum? I think everybody here want game like OW. Secondly, why community financing? Crowdfunding will be much better. At the end, this is just a stupid joke people.
Neklan
Soldier level 0
Soldier level 0

Post by Neklan »

No, i am asking how many people in the world. its obvious, that everybody on this forum want it :-) and u r right, crowdfunding is better, i ve choose bad words. And dont know why this should be stupid joke
Szymiew
Soldier level 7
Soldier level 7
Poland

Post by Szymiew »

But who would do such game? You and what army?.. sry.. What studio?

Also, noone is going to fund anything only on the basis of few lines of text. Do you have a decent plot? Do you have people?
https://www.youtube.com/kvantovy --- mój kanał youtube.
https://www.facebook.com/Kvantovy --- strona u cukierberga.
Neklan
Soldier level 0
Soldier level 0

Post by Neklan »

I m just intersted If is there strong community of fans which want it. Its clear to me that noone fund it just like that, but at least we need some point to start. Im not asking for money now, just for thoughts and opinions ;)
Szymiew
Soldier level 7
Soldier level 7
Poland

Post by Szymiew »

Three pages of thoughts and opinions about Original War 2:
http://forum.original-war.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3883
Google Translate will surely help you. :wink:
Do you have any ideas concerning topic? I always ask about plot, because I doubt it's possible to create a really interesting storyline for OW2.
https://www.youtube.com/kvantovy --- mój kanał youtube.
https://www.facebook.com/Kvantovy --- strona u cukierberga.
Mari
Community Veteran
Community Veteran
Poland

Post by Mari »

What about copyrights to sequel?
Do you not know that you are a temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?If any man destroys the temple of God, God will destroy him, for the temple of God is holy, and that is what you are. 1 Kor 3,16-23
Nitek
Community Veteran
Community Veteran

Post by Nitek »

We have seen many people claiming they are doing Original War sequel or something similar. In the end it was always the same - either empty words or some models, parts of UI etc. and nothing else.

Although these days indie game developers (or groups of them) have very good opportunity, it's up to you if you are going to seize it. I'm not speaking about AAA games, but even creating Original War HD (most of the rules could stay the same but obviously some things like hexagon-based mapping system has to be removed) would be a reasonable task for small group of friends. You don't even have to be a programmist with years of experience. There are plenty of tools (e.g. Unity 3D) and even more books that can be used. Steam will help with selling your game. Indie gaming industry is a paradise. It might not be as good as mobile sector (where you can develop a game with brilliant idea within a week and get six digits salary per month) but it's still good. You don't have to be another brick in the wall and you can still feed your family.

I wonder what's about copyrights. If you copy shitloads of thing from OW with slight changes no one will bat an eye. But what if someone wants to recreate OW based on his own idea. There won't be any sequels, let's face it. The game is still earning some money (and that's because of Steam and OW sales on it) but there's no use for the brand. I think Bohemia (or whoever owns rights to OW) might be willing to let someone create revamped OW but of course that guy would have to pay some money, dunno how much tho. It would be stupid if Bohemia had an opportunity to do so and refuse it. I don't think they would want tremendous amounts of money but still, we are talking here about thousands of dollars.