[EN] General bug reporting

Dział poświęcony projektowi Arabian Campaign

Moderator: ArCamp Developer

McBenn
ArCamp Developer

Re: [EN] General bug reporting

Post by McBenn »

I'm amazed you play through the entire campaign just to make sure a character is properly handled throughout it :) Yes, I forgot to load some characters into Ar11.

* Inconsistency
Fixed. Funny I didn't think of that.

* Ar13
Ya you're right. Fixed.

* Michaił Bierozov in mission 7
Well he already is in Ar07 and is mentioned several times :P
spajda77
Soldier level 2
Soldier level 2

Post by spajda77 »

Hi, I have one Error in Ar3 mission today. My PC is on W8 with W8 fix for OW.
Attachments
ErrorLog0003.txt
(1.95 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
Já jsem Čech ale západní :D
Svaz Sovětských OWARistických Republik - SSOWARR
Za OWARistický Svaz, Soudruzi!
Antitheus
Kung Führer
Kung Führer
Korea North

Post by Antitheus »

Download the latest patch and see if it works.
vanimpe
Soldier level 4
Soldier level 4

Post by vanimpe »

Small ideas for the story:

1#:

In mission 4, i think that Tsarytsyn should not be colonel. It is early time of a game, and to be colonel in rus camp he should have done sth before. You should change him, he should be major Tsarytsyn or even captain, but never colonel. (as we can see from this mission he is weak commander - Similarly Platonov was promoted from major to colonel).

In dialogues, I think that Donaldson should say that:

$ DAgDo1
- Lucy Donaldson. Who are you? What do you want?

Better:
$ DAgDo1
- Lieutenant Lucy Donaldson. Who are you? What do you want?

2#

MISSION 8:

$ D1Er1
- You must be captain Steyer. I'm Erwin Meza. I've heard about how you pulled Bodenhof out from behind enemy lines, damn impressive. You're just the man, ehm woman, we need here.

I think that Erwin Meza should be lieutenant, he is commander of New Kabul - one of the most important ar bases. He should tell us about it. (Like lieutenant Jeff Brown and base Gamma).

3#

In mission 9, small dialogue:

$ D14-SolF2-1
- I am certain comrade Major Platonov will be pleased. Thank you comrade Major.

I think that Platonov should be colonel in this game time. He is after Kurin's died promoted to be Colonel. And I think that Platonov should be more important person than mjr Yefibachev.

EDIT:
WHAT'S ABOUT GENSCHER?

I think that after Steyer's promotion to colonel in mission 11, Genscher should be promoted to be general in pro-arab missions. 12-15
McBenn
ArCamp Developer

Post by McBenn »

Iirc we don't meet Tsarytsyn til the Russian campaign until Ru12 where he is colonel. What's wrong with having this rank in Ar04? I guess the Russians haven't sent purely privates, lieutenants and captains into the past. And not everyone gets promoted (almost) all the time.

$ DAgDo1: Phh, well, minor detail. We can do that.

Phh, is it that important to state his rank?

According to the timeline Platonov should be colonel at that point. Will fix.

About Gensher: We'll see about that as we get those missions planned.
vanimpe
Soldier level 4
Soldier level 4

Post by vanimpe »

Hmm, in my opinion Suze Thaeist looks too much as a random hero. You should change her face for sth original, innovative for this game like this which Sonya has. Maybe, she should look as a typical barbie woman, cos she has textes like "sister" etc.

My proposition:

But you should use more realistic hair blonde color. In game there is a few blonde heroes.

The same situation is with Martin Fly, he looks too much as a random guy.
His surname doesn't fit the game. Fly is really funny. Maybe sth like Martin Wagner or sth else. German-sounding.

In mission 14 and 15 there is no name of the base on the top of Camp Barbarossa depot.
Attachments
suze.jpg
suze.jpg (68.8 KiB) Viewed 2056 times
McBenn
ArCamp Developer

Post by McBenn »

Apologize the late answer.

Suze's "sister"-phrase is not meant as affectionate. I belive whether a face is original or not we can discuss from now till doomsday. I think that face is way more "normal".

Blonde hair: Who are you thinking of?

Martin Fly is specifically modelled after Marty McFly from the Back To The Future movies which also exaplains his name. Actually I thought it was quite an obivous reference :P Emmet "Doc" Brown is also in the campaign.

The depot needs a name in 15a I see but it should have in 14a/14a_cont2.
vanimpe
Soldier level 4
Soldier level 4

Post by vanimpe »

Maybe, you could add Hans Fliege (with Mike Dalton and cargo bay - he is good engineer) to Farmer's squad in Legion's mission 13? (if player ends mission 12 without friends he could have him in team /with Mike Dalton and cargo bay - FOR FREE/ if he wants of course). LIKE LUCY SEBEL.

And if Louis is dead he could tell us about new technologies (what Louis does). He should be good engineer as Louis.

EDIT:

OTHER IDEA:
Like Gordon and his group, Hans Fliege and Mike Dalton [with cargo bay] should join our team in pro-Legion mission 13. Heike should decide whether she wants to accept them or not.

He should have american cargo bay.

My dialogues proposition:

Random soldier: An american vehicle and apeman are coming to us. What we should do, Heike?
Hans: Please, don't shoot! I'm not a Yankee.
Heike: Who are you? Why do you have an american vehicle?
Hans: After a short time from your betrayal, Americans attacked our bases on the mountains. They destroyed everything! No one survived. I won't die for Sheiks, I know that they cheated us and I know that everyday Arabs are getting weaker. This truck is gift from American's commander - John Macmillan. I make a deal with him. I want to be on the good side! I am a good electrician. Will you accept me and my friend Mike?
McBenn
ArCamp Developer

Post by McBenn »

Let's see if we can fit him into the pro-Arab part somewhere.
Hullak
Soldier level 0
Soldier level 0

Post by Hullak »

I started playing the AraCampaign this week and generally seem to have problems during transmissions from one mission to another.

When I finished mission 4 i tried going from the mission results back to the campaign menu and start mission 4 again: SAIL function "CreateHuman" :

Access violation at address 0047B7BB in module 'OwarFull.exe'. Read of address 00000010

When I completed mission 5 I ended in a black screen only with a cross pointer for my mouse, which disappeared after I randomly clicked on the screen:

Access violation at address 0066FF56 in module 'OwarFull.exe'. Read of address 0CDBC04A EAddress: 0066FF56

--------------
During mission 7 start up dialog the pet tiger did not come and the dialogue did not proceed. I was forced to exit the game from windows.
--------------
Still mission 7 Abdul's dialogue announcing siberit transport and start of timer seems inconsistent.

On my first attempt I built a base in the top right corner and the dialogue and timer triggered just as I have finished building basic base. The game then was a massive rush to complete everything. (well I got wiped out by the american attack while I was trying to stabilise my power plant and desperately transporting enough siberit from the entire map to my main camp)

On my second attempt I build my base bottom left corner and the timer started when I had a complete base, almost full defense, over 300 of siberit, siberit technologies discovered, siberit power plant complete etc.

---------------
Mission 8: The game randomly exited at the start of the mission, when I tried selecting all visible units by dragging my mouse pointer across the entire screen

ErrorText : Invalid floating point operation EAddress: 0049C025
Last edited by Hullak on Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
McBenn
ArCamp Developer

Post by McBenn »

All the access violation errors I can't do anything about since it's related to the game engine. I know this will sound awfully trivial but do you use the latest beta patch?.
Hullak wrote:During mission 7 start up dialog the pet tiger did not come and the dialogue did not proceed.
So Heike and friends reached the base and Abdul was there?
Hullak wrote:Still mission 7 Abdul's dialogue announcing siberit transport and start of timer seems inconsistent.
What difficulty were you playing on? Did you load (quick restart included) a saved game in any of the attempts you mention? And if so could you upload those save files here (UserProfiles/[mod name]/[your gamer tag])?
Hullak
Soldier level 0
Soldier level 0

Post by Hullak »

McBenn wrote:All the access violation errors I can't do anything about since it's related to the game engine. I know this will sound awfully trivial but do you use the latest beta patch?.
Thanks I will look into it.
McBenn wrote: So Heike and friends reached the base and Abdul was there?
Yes, Abdul was there. They started having their dialog until - Good to see you, Steyer. For a moment I feared... but after that the tiger did not come and the dialog did not proceed.
McBenn wrote: What difficulty were you playing on? Did you load (quick restart included) a saved game in any of the attempts you mention? And if so could you upload those save files here (UserProfiles/[mod name]/[your gamer tag])?
I play medium difficulty, I have some saves at late stages of the second attempt of that mission but not for the first attempt. I believe that I used a quick restart after the first failed attempt of the mission.
Ar07 A7.rar
(629.66 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
McBenn
ArCamp Developer

Post by McBenn »

All right, I'm a little busy the next few days but I'll look into it at first opportunity.
McBenn
ArCamp Developer

Post by McBenn »

I think I got the tiger problem fixed but it's hard to tell since I can't replicate it.

As for Ar07 I found nothing at all so I think you were simply quicker the second time :) e.g. building mines on all siberite sources I presume you didn't do the first time.

Did you try out the patch?
Hullak
Soldier level 0
Soldier level 0

Post by Hullak »

McBenn wrote:I think I got the tiger problem fixed but it's hard to tell since I can't replicate it.

As for Ar07 I found nothing at all so I think you were simply quicker the second time :) e.g. building mines on all siberite sources I presume you didn't do the first time.

Did you try out the patch?
I have the most up to date patch and played for a bit without the access issues, thanks.

I don't think that I was particularly faster, when I played it the second time but it is always possible. (I did build the mines on 2 of the 3 available sources the first time) I will get back to this mission in the future again and see.