1.11.0 Beta Test - 31 grudnia 2010

[ Polskie newsy ]

Moderator: Newswriters

Woozi
Soldier level 5
Soldier level 5

Re: 1.11.0 Beta Test - 31 Grudnia 2010

Post by Woozi »

Więc przydał by się jakiś program do takiego "ripowania" lub wtyczka do 3dsmaxa, bo teraz stworzenie czegoś nowego graniczy z cudem.
"Nie wierzcie ludziom, którzy nie piją! Abstynenci nie piją, bo się boją, że po pijaku powiedzą o sobie coś, czego inni mają nie wiedzieć."

Józef Stalin

Nitek wrote:Z Woozim lepiej uważaj - jest jak bazyliszek: spojrzysz mu prosto w oczy i dostaniesz z glana w twarz :(
YuriStriatov
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cuba

Post by YuriStriatov »

A po co ci program czy wtyczka jak prawde mowiac jedyne co musisz zrobic zanim mozesz dodawac grafe do gry to model, potem go zrenderowac z wielu stron i uzyc GMeditora. Tego rodzaju skrypt to chyba kazdy umie sobie napisac w 3dsmaxie jesli jest w nim choc troche oblatany.
Ozi
Soldier level 4
Soldier level 4

Post by Ozi »

lepiej dac sobie spokoj z ta rozdzielczoscia

panowie i tak maja dosyc roboty z patchem 1.11 :p ( z aktualnymi problemami)

- nie nie mowie ze to glupi pomysl ;p
Proszę o szacunek w stosunku do mojej osoby :)
Pozdrawiam wszystkich
Antitheus
Kung Führer
Kung Führer
Korea North

Post by Antitheus »

Większa rozdziłaka by się przydała - i skarży się na obecną wiele osób. Na monitorach HD granie z tą dostępną potrafi być problemem.
pijanymis
Soldier level 6
Soldier level 6

Post by pijanymis »

wiem że może będzie to uznane za spam ale zapytam czy OW pójdzie na 42" ?? :P

edit: to nie monitor a telewizor z podłączonym kablem do kompa
Last edited by pijanymis on Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ph3nom
Veteran

Post by ph3nom »

OW pójdzie na monitorze o każdej przekątnej. Problemem będzie tylko stosunkowo niska rozdzielczość ekranu do wielkości monitora.
Katmartin
Soldier level 1
Soldier level 1

Post by Katmartin »

Fajne tylko szkoda ze ze wszystkimi nie mozna grac, tylko z tymi co maja tego patcha :/
stucuk
OWSupport.com Owner

Post by stucuk »

Googles Bad Translation - Nitek wrote:It's hard to persuade him to do ANYTHING Stucuka and you want a new graphics
Alot of peoples suggestions have gotten into the game. But things that would take years to implement (Like making a 3D Version of Original War), etc are not going to be on the top of the priority list. While you may have a set of things you think is most important, that doesn't mean everyone else will think its as important.

What you fail to realise is that i have to work out roughly how long it will take to implement something, then work out how much of a benefit it will be to Original War. If its going to take a year to implement and doesn't rearly benefit the game then there is no way i will work on it when i could implement something else in a shorter time which will be of more benefit.

While you seem to think im useless, you have gotten far more over the 5 years of support OW's gotten from me than most modern games that have armies of programmers at there disposal and who get payed.
Radzio wrote:No, it is easier to switch to 32bit (more colors and less bugs in the graphics card drivers) and add support for more rozdziałek.
Its not easy to switch to 32bit. The problem is Direct X. Its evil. Basically because Original War is 2D (What Direct X does and receives anyway) it uses alot of "Surfaces". They are buffers that store images of things. They are all in 16Bit. Every graphics procedure in original war is designed for 16bit. 16bit surfaces hold half the amount of information required by a 32bit surface.

Unfortunately due to Direct X sucking, you can't even have 2 Direct X Surfaces with 2 different pixel formats. If you could it would have been simple to get Direct X to work in 32bit (Though it would still be limited by 16bit colours) by having 2 separate drawing surfaces, one in 16bit thats hidden and one in 32bit thats drawn on the window. You would then just draw the 16bit one over the 32bit one with a GUI procedure which can handle the differences in the pixel formats and draw correctly. But DirectX doesn't let you have 2 separate drawing surfaces with different pixel formats.

Without re-writing alot of the graphics (Which is alot of code, most of which noone in the OW Community would understand, including me) i currently can't see a way to get OW to use 32bit(Even if its just 16bit converted to 32bit so you don't need to have your desktop in 16bit).

There are future plans to rip out the menu system and have a new one (Though in-game bit would be the same) which would allow better skinning as well as making it easier to add new features (Would also be powered by OpenGL).
Added: Russian video subtitle support added
If i remember correctly that doesn't mean what you think it does. It should mean (If i am remembering correctly) that the Russian version of the game will now have video subtitles.
- Stu
OWSupport
Nitek
Community Veteran
Community Veteran

Post by Nitek »

stucuk wrote:While you seem to think im useless, you have gotten far more over the 5 years of support OW's gotten from me than most modern games that have armies of programmers at there disposal and who get payed.
I know, we had huge changes before but to be honest - now you have less time to maintain OW and you don't relase patches as fast as few years ago. I'm not saying you are useless. Now, we're testing 1.11.0 and work is going good but look at it from our point of view: 1.11 beta was relased ~2 years ago so we thought you've stopped maintance. Now (as work is going smooth again) we're testing newest betas and we're reporting bugs and I hope it'll keep as long as it can.
stucuk
OWSupport.com Owner

Post by stucuk »

I do less work when people do less testing. I need people to test Original War or i can't release anything. Put simply there have been times where i have had to wait upto a month or more before anyone even posts a reply when i released a new beta version.

When people do testing you find that i do alot more work then when people are not testing. I am not going to spend time maintaining Original War at times that the public isn't bothering to help beta test.

I have never stopped maintaining Original War permanently, but i have stopped work when people stopped participating.
- Stu
OWSupport
stucuk
OWSupport.com Owner

Post by stucuk »

New beta version released.
- Stu
OWSupport
szympello512
Soldier level 0
Soldier level 0

Re: 1.11.0 Beta Test - 31 grudnia 2010

Post by szympello512 »

a moze mi ktos wytlumaczyc jak jest z tym limitem w misjach w kampani?? to mnie najbardziej interesuje i innych graczy tez zapewne ale nikt niue moze tego ogarnac...
Antitheus
Kung Führer
Kung Führer
Korea North

Post by Antitheus »

Jakim limitem?
Nie mam pojęcia o czym mówisz ale:
- Kampanie mają ograniczenia technologii
- Kampanie mają ograniczenia expa jednostek
- Kampanie nie mają ograniczenia budowania jednostek, pojazdów - no chyba że misja narzuca [np w RU 2 - Platonov na nas nakrzyczy]
YuriStriatov
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cuba

Post by YuriStriatov »

Anti jemu chodzi o to:
Added: MISSION_EXP_LIMITS can now be set through game.txt
Jest to przydatne tylko moderom w sumie, bo moga ustawiac max limit doswiadczenia ktory mozna osiagnac w danej misji. Wczesniej nie mogli.
Serpent
Soldier level 10
Soldier level 10
Estonia

Post by Serpent »

Yurku tylko że w 1.11 dziwnym trafem nie ma game.txt ... :lol:
Epickie teksty:
Marek1906: jak zrobic aby sail był zielony?
Kvantovy: Wszystko normalne, wszystko w koło było dziwne
Kvantovy:: To jest fajne, że to nie jest takie głupie
Kvantovy:: remove sos from kanapeczka
Kvantovy:: zdarzają się rzezy które sie filozofom nie śniły
Cenwen: problemem jest gejostwo
"Taki z niego fizyk jak ze mnie baletnica" - Profesor Scholtze o Kvantovym.
JAKBYŁ BYM CZECHEM TO BYM ROZŁOŻYŁ NAMIOT ~Kvanciak