[EN] Missions 12-15 Legion

Dział poświęcony projektowi Arabian Campaign

Moderator: ArCamp Developer

McBenn
ArCamp Developer

Re: [EN] Missions 12-15 Legion

Post by McBenn »

Actually I was considering exactly that (Alliance rescuing Gossudarov an claiming the artifact). It's been some time since I played through the missions so is it realistic that Alliance ends up with all the artifacts? That would actually fit nicely with Antitheus's idea of mission 15.

Rolf Bergkamp replacing Stauffenberg, hm. Depending on how things turn out in mission 13 that may not be so bad an idea. We'll consider it.
waz
Soldier level 2
Soldier level 2

Post by waz »

In mission 13th Heike should start as engineer, because other engineers could be killed in mission 12th and it couldn't be possible to build Legion base (Burłak and Macmillan starts 13th alliance mission as engineers).
McBenn
ArCamp Developer

Post by McBenn »

If you have no engineers when starting mission 13 Farmer will give you one.
Antitheus
Kung Führer
Kung Führer
Korea North

Post by Antitheus »

My proposition for 15th Legion mission:
This is the last mission of the Legion, so it's essential to make it unique. I mean new map (which can be used by 15 mission pro Arab as well).
As most of you may know: Ru 15 and Am 15 are using the same motive - Russian motherlode hill. You can compose the map together into one whole (some exceptions - river in 15 am and terrain scars in 15 ru, which seems to be dry riverbeds. The color of the grass is also different but it's explaining the different season).
Spoiler: merged original maps
Like I told McBenn - we can use the northern or southern side of Russian hill as reference point to make new, original map.
Spoiler: map proposal
This setup gives us opportunity to create the interesting plot. I propose, the mission would be based on diplomacy. The Legion forces after Farmer's betrayal are weaker than ever, so it'll be impossible to act on your own. The direct attack on Russian base is suicide. Although, part of the motherlode is outside the hill - Russians will guard it toughly.

Plot: Heike is late. The war is escalating. Arabians, Russians, Americans and Alliance have already got their developed bases. Player starts just by the Legion hill. Scouts may give him some information about the situation. Peter Roth (or Gossudarov) is trying to compromise the sides - he's telling you can't bomb the motherlode area or the whole world will be lost - Platonov takes this information as an advantage.
Mission's target: take the control of motherlode and force the other sides to accept your conditions (Heike will sell the siberite for the price).

Detailed threads:
Spoiler: Russians
  • They're in tough defense. The hill is surrounded by the forest and the only clear way in is by Heike's hill. There's another way: on foot by the southern passage (but it's well guarded).
  • Sometime's they'll send small computer-driven vehicle squad to attack the player (it's strength is growing in time).
  • Diplomacy:Platonov won't negotiate with Heike, but he can give you an offer. He won't be attacking your base if you agree to not building any mine on the motherlode
  • If player build any building on the motherlode area - Russians will attack him like mad.
  • Platonov thinks he is a winner already, so he ignore the pro-Arab threat.
  • After they builds up the siberite rocket: they're firing it into player's base at first - Legion is to close to the motherlode. The next rocket is launched into Am base (they know the Americans won't nuke them).
Spoiler: Arabians
  • The Sheikhs are going to destroy the siberite. They're sending small squads (scientists to blow the motherlode and some troops to cover them - e.g. mortar operators). While the "cover troops" are trying to draw your attention - scientists are heading to the mines. By the time they're starting to use remote-controlled vehicles and scientists are using hovercrafts).
  • When the're in lack of people some of your well known Arabian friends will appear - they will try to join your forces. If you accept them - Arabians will rush into the mine with main forces, leaving the base almost unguarded and "your friends" will cause some troubles - the siberite in your base will be contaminated and the fortifications will be blown. If one of them is close to the motherlode - it will be contaminated ("you lose").
  • If you won't accept the "friends" Arabians will Rush on the motherlode with the appalling force (kamikaze monkeys etc). The base will be guarded only by monkeys in the turrets, so the player can take the control easily.
  • Diplomacy: noneffective or they can order the player to contaminate the motherlode ("you lose")
Spoiler: Americans
  • Powell is mad about the Alliance and the forest surrounding Russian base). He can't attack the commies, because of the Alliance base in front of it. He's attacking it regularly. He's going to destroy it by the time - and reclaim his man (Russians in the Alliance base are killed).
  • When the Alliance base is destroyed - he's clearing the forest with buldozers and in the meantime sending the bomb into your base.
  • Diplomacy: Powell orders you to destroy the Alliance base. If you do so - he nukes you (he knows Kuzmov is helping you with siperite rocket - he can't nuke Russians, so you're his only grave enemy).
    // EDIT
  • Americans could not be attacking Alliance position. They could wait until their siberite bomb is developed and fire it into Legion base. Powel could say something like "I've got information that you're working with Russians and you're going to produce siberite bomb. Sheikhs promised me a free pass (Americans could attack Russians from Arabian position) if I get rid of you.
  • Siberite bomb is fired, large american forces attacking Russians and maybe your position - Arabians are going to attack and contaminate motherlode with large forces.
Spoiler: Alliance
  • Diplomacy: They'll ask you to bring the Artifact from the Arabian base. If you do so, you'll gain serious ally - they'll destroy any Russian and American siberite bomb with the artifact. Although, you must help them with the defense (Russians will attack their base - they can use the teleporter to do so - Americans will be mad as well).
  • Roth or Gossudarov will ask you to bring them a lot of siberite (e.g. 500 units). If you do so, they'll use their 3rd artifact and teleport their forces into the middle of Russian base. The Russians will surrender and the Alliance will take the control of the motherlode. They'll ask you to surrender - if you won't do so they'll send their forces to attack you. Also, they can use the artifact power to blow your mines & power units.
  • After the "teleport" event the Americans are free to nuke you.
Spoiler:
I'm thinking the player should be able to build the rocket after some time (like in Am campaign). Kozlov/Kuzmov could be spawned after destroying one of your enemies.
McBenn
ArCamp Developer

Post by McBenn »

In short I approve. Since Legion is weakened after Farmer's betrayal and since there are so many forces involved in the mission, a mission about complicated diplomacy is a obvious choice. Also you have a lot of good ideas Antitheus :P
There may be a slight problem with Kozlov, though. As of the current plan the player may capture Kozlov in mission 14a and thus have Kozlov at their disposal from the start in mission 15a making it possible for the player to rush the siberite bomb rather than negotiate.
Pawlo
Soldier level 3
Soldier level 3

Post by Pawlo »

It's gonna lag like hell with all these units, unique scripts and [... mother of god] ; d
Antitheus
Kung Führer
Kung Führer
Korea North

Post by Antitheus »

Pawlo, look on the original final missions. You'll see a hell lots of units & variants. In the Alliance missions both Russians and Americans are collecting the crates (same as Arabians) and attacking you with massively forces (if you're to lazy). In American campaign you'll get (2) Russian attacking forces + Legion Bomb + "Friend" Betrayal + "Powell's ramapge" + Alliance teleportation + Russian bomb attacks + Behemoth attacks.
It doesn't mean that, every events will be launched in the same time - in the one moment you must defend the moderlode from the Arabians, but if you've destroyed them - Americans will use the passage to attack you. Simple :P
jarmok
Soldier level 1
Soldier level 1

Post by jarmok »

I don't quite get what will others use to buy siberite from Heike. Crates?
And why would they even buy it? Alliance may trade with you, but others have bigger plans.
Spoiler:
I propose 2 endings: 1st you just nuke everyone and then beat Russians somehow
2nd you make deal (no bombs) with Alliance and after you beat others you just split siberite or join them with UFO hunt or whatever.
McBenn
ArCamp Developer

Post by McBenn »

If just you're a little careful with the script it should work out fine without lags.

It sounds more plausible that you could win the favor of The Alliance by not producing the bomb and help them to destroy everyone else. Of course that's only a cover - in the end you annihilate Alliance too.
jarmok
Soldier level 1
Soldier level 1

Post by jarmok »

But Heike should come up with plan what to do after war. Legion seriously lacks long term plan.
Maybe they can search for EON in the motherload so they can try to go back to the future. (I am not convinced they can't return if they have EON)
Or they can transport siberite to Antarctica so nobody will ever find it.
Antitheus
Kung Führer
Kung Führer
Korea North

Post by Antitheus »

It's simple what Legion will do with siberite motherlode. They'll use its resources for own profit. They'll sell the siberite to anyone for a high price. If returning to the future is impossible they'll try to live comfortable in the past - "screw the political situation of the future society - do you want to change it? pay us; do you want the siberite for your research? pay us.
Imho Legion don't need any "higher goals" here. They were betrayed, so they're making own rules now.
Serpent
Soldier level 10
Soldier level 10
Estonia

Post by Serpent »

Epickie teksty:
Marek1906: jak zrobic aby sail był zielony?
Kvantovy: Wszystko normalne, wszystko w koło było dziwne
Kvantovy:: To jest fajne, że to nie jest takie głupie
Kvantovy:: remove sos from kanapeczka
Kvantovy:: zdarzają się rzezy które sie filozofom nie śniły
Cenwen: problemem jest gejostwo
"Taki z niego fizyk jak ze mnie baletnica" - Profesor Scholtze o Kvantovym.
JAKBYŁ BYM CZECHEM TO BYM ROZŁOŻYŁ NAMIOT ~Kvanciak
Pawlo
Soldier level 3
Soldier level 3

Post by Pawlo »

Antitheus wrote:Pawlo, look on the original final missions. You'll see a hell lots of units & variants. In the Alliance missions both Russians and Americans are collecting the crates (same as Arabians) and attacking you with massively forces (if you're to lazy). In American campaign you'll get (2) Russian attacking forces + Legion Bomb + "Friend" Betrayal + "Powell's ramapge" + Alliance teleportation + Russian bomb attacks + Behemoth attacks.
It doesn't mean that, every events will be launched in the same time - in the one moment you must defend the moderlode from the Arabians, but if you've destroyed them - Americans will use the passage to attack you. Simple :P
Last time when I was playing that mission where you gotta help Gensher escape and destroy Epsilon base, it was devoid of fun when more units were active at map (lagging)
McBenn
ArCamp Developer

Post by McBenn »

Ar11? When exactly?
Antitheus
Kung Führer
Kung Führer
Korea North

Post by Antitheus »

Imho this is not the fault of the code. When you save & exit the game (or restart ur PC) the game would act smooth.
The more units, the bigger chance for in-game lags, right. But also, I think the OW engine is causing the problems - in most cases.